Chapter Thirteen

Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.
- Rachel Zoe.

Claire Bishop

The day was set. The big day was finally set. All invitations went out and the news spread like wildfire. The whole city was buzzing.

And I was nervous as hell.

My hands shaking, my face sweating, my legs bouncing. I felt crowded from everywhere. The life I lived no more a private life. Everything was out in the open except for the money problem, ofcourse. Even though some people guessed the actual reason for marrying the rich businessman.

Money. I wouldn't say that it wasn't the actual reason because it was. Even though I hated being labelled as a gold digger, I couldn't change the truth. But I ignored the snark comments on tabloids because I knew, aside from money I was marrying Tyler for other reasons too.

Lydia was the other reason. It was all because of her. I couldn't believe, a little girl like Lydia could bring two people from different lifestyle together with only one wish. She was something. Something special. This was happening all for her. Tyler and I was doing this for her. Our needs were kept behind to for later on to think about. Our first priority was to make the little red haired beauty happy. And that was what we were doing.

But the nerves wouldn't leave me alone. I never liked the attention. Never liked the spotlight. And now when news spread that I was marrying one of the richest man in the city, I became the main topic of all the gossip columns on magazines.

Reporters were cramped outside the shop right about now probably waiting for me to get out. So that they could put me on a page of their paper or magazines; wherever they post stuffs.

Currently I was sitting on the couch of this posh boutique named Séduire, french for allure. The shop was filled with various glamorous clothes. Many model like woman were roaming around here as if the scandalous price tag on the dresses were a casual thing. Maybe it was just only me.

Mademoiselle Ophélie, a famous french designer in manhattan run the shop with lot of her minions scrambling behind her. I was a fool to think this was my kind of shop though when suggested by a future mother-in-law, I had no choice but to go in and buy a dress worth wearing beside the great Tyler Sanders on the big day.

Again thinking of that day made my legs bounce up and down, I started biting my nails. I--

"You're acting as if it's your wedding day or something." Chloe voiced with amusement clear in her voice along with the sound of some rustling of fabrics from my left side.

Thank god for Chloe to interrupt my inner battles or else I wouldn't had any nails to paint for my engagement party. I turned to my left and there was my favourite sister helping me choose a elegant but sexy dress for the party. She said my choices were boring and I took great offence to that but Chloe just brushed me away. What a mean sister!

"Well, it's feels like my wedding day." I truthfully admitted. "I didn't expect so much for a simple engagement party."

Chloe rubbed her fingers on a pale blue dress with a thoughtful face and I relived a happy sigh. Finally she choose a dress....but then she let the fabric fall away with a shake of her head and walked toward another set of dresses hanged on the other side. It had been going on for more than an hour and I was already bored.

Taking out a beautiful dark green colour dress filled with stones one side and the other side fully plain, Chloe inspected it from top to bottom then with that she came near me. "Claire, you're marrying Tyler Sanders. Nothing is simple in that man's life. You should know this by now."