Chapter 14

Kehlani

"This show was very special to me. I grew up in Oakland. About two blocks from here. It feels great to come home and see familiar faces. Ya'll are amazing. Until next time, I love you Oakland." I walked off stage.

"You were amazing babe." Chance walked over to me.

"Thank you." I smiled "Tour is finally over."

"But we still gotta work. You going to the studio with me?"

I grabbed my water bottle. "Who's going to be there?"

"I'm working with Kanye on his album. I thought I told you?"

My eyes grew wide. "No you didnt. Of course I want to go."

Chance laughed and grabbed my hand. "Come on lets go."

He led me to his car. We both got in and he began driving. About 15 minutes later, we pulled up to a house.

"Why are we here?" I looked over at Chance.

"This is the studio" He got out of the car.

I followed him into the house and we went down to the basement. Entering the studio, I immediately saw Kanye sitting at the sound board. He stood up and greeted Chance.

"Its about time you got here." He joked. "Who's this?" He asked, referring to me.

"This is my girl, Kehlani."

"Kehlani? You just put out a mixtape right?" He directed his attention to me

I nodded

"Yea, I heard a little bit of it. I like it."

"Thank you." I smiled

I looked around the studio. There was a couple girls here. Kendrick was in the booth. He didn't even tell me he was coming here. I sat on one of the couches and watched everyone. The door swung open and Chris Brown walked in. I was kind of star struck. I've always wanted to work with him. He greeted everybody and walked towards me.

"Hey how you doing?" He spoke as he sat down

"I'm good." I smiled

~~~~

I listened to Kendrick as he rapped his verse. It was really good. He went through and Added a few ad-libs and things to make his verse come together.

"Lani-bug!" Kendrick yelled as he walked out of the booth.

"Don't call me that in public." I whined as I walked to him

He laughed "I'll call you what I want little girl. But listen, I hate to leave so quick but I got a few things to take care of. I'm proud of you and your first tour. I'll see you later." He kissed my forehead before leaving.

I walked back over to the couch and sat down. Chance was now in the booth getting ready to record his verse for ultra light beams.

"Lani-bug?" Chris leaned over, holding back laughter

"Stop it." I eyed him.

"You and Kendrick cool?" He asked

"Yea. He's like a big brother to me."

"Cool. You sing right?"

I nodded

"You got anything with you?"

I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. I watched him as he listened to parts of different songs.

"Your voice is different." He paused. "I like it."

"Thank you."

"You mind if we exchange numbers? I would love to work with you in the future."

"Sure."

Chance

I watched Kehlani as I went over my verse. She was laughing and smiling while talking to Chris. The fuck is so funny? My jaw clenched as I saw them exchange phones. She can't be serious right now. Do she think I can't see her?

"Give me 5." I snatched the headphones off and walked out the booth.

I approached Kehlani and stood in front of her. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure."

"Outside...Now."

"Damn. Ok." She stood up

I followed her outside.

"What the fuck are you doing?!"

"Whoa, calm down. Whats wrong?" She asked

"So you playing dumb now? Cool. Here, take the keys and go home." I handed her the car keys before walking back inside.