Chapter 10

Kehlani

I sat impatiently in the waiting room of the hospital. My leg was shaking and I was nervously biting my lip. I looked down at my pants that were now blood stained. I can't believe what just happened.

"Chance!" I screamed as I stumbled over to him.

He groaned out in pain. He then began breathing heavy. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, before I could dial 911 I heard sirens. A neighbor must have called.

I held Chance close to me. "You're going to be alright"

Seconds later police officers arrived at the house. They put Chance into the back of an ambulance. I was about to go with him but an officer stopped me.

"I'm Officer Jones. Can I speak to you for a second?"

"My boyfriend was just shot! Do we have to do this right now?!" I became frustrated

"Calm down, I just need to know if you know who did this?"

I paused for a minute. "No, but it was three men. They were looking for my brother. Why? I dont know."

"Who is your brother? Has he ever been in any type of trouble?" Officer Jones asked

"His name is Kendrick and No, he stays to himself."

"Thank you for the information." She smiled

I didn't bother to say anything else. I quickly jogged to my car and went to the hospital.

I ran through the doors and to the front desk.

"My boyfriend was just brought in, Chancelor Bennett."

"He's currently getting prepped for emergency surgery. You will have to wait in the waiting room until he's out and in a room."

"Thank you." I replied. I walked over and sat in the waiting room. I called Solana but I didn't get an answer from Kendrick. Solana should be here in about 15 minutes.

"Family of Chancelor Bennett?" The doctor called, pulling me from my thoughts.

Solana and I quickly jumped up, racing over to the doctor.

"Who are you?" The doctor looked at Solana

"His cousin." She replied

"And you?" He looked at me

"His girlfriend."

Solana smirked and eyed me but I ignored it.

"Well ladies, it was a close call but he's alright." The doctor smiled "He should be very thankful though. The way the bullet entered his body, it could have hit his heart but it missed by half an inch. He has to stay here overnight just so we can keep an eye on him. He's in room 302 if you would like to see him."

I ran to the elevator. I pressed "3" once inside. I could feel Solana staring at me.

"What?" I kept looking straight ahead