Chapter 2

I paced in my room after I had changed out of my maid attire into a skirt and a shirt along with my leather jacket. Crowely had ordered me to pack my belongings, minus the maid outfit which I was glad I didn't have to take. But one thought kept running through my head repeatedly and I couldn't stop it.

I'm the one being traded or sold.

It scared me yet it excited me. I was terrified because my new owner might be more of a jerk or pervert than Crowely. On the other hand, I was excited because I was finally getting away from the devil.

I was brought out of my mind as my bedroom door opened. I spun around and was surprised to see Crowely himself. He didn't usually come to the maid quarters, usually another maid or Raj, the chauffeur, would bring someone up.

I looked at him, expecting him to say something but he remained silent, staring at me. Growing uneasy at the silence and his staring, I cleared my throat and he brought his eyes back to mine. He started walking towards me after slamming the door closed, causing me to tense up. What was he doing?

Once Crowely was a few feet away from me, he snaked his hand out and grabbed my jaw. It was too quick for me to react as he yanked me closer to his frowning face.

I stared up at him in anticipation and I automatically froze, fearing what he'll do. His iron-grip on my jaw slowly tightened as his ice-like eyes bore into mine.

"I need to tell you something that you need to know." He spoke dangerously calm, and that frightened me. "You are just a maid. Just a toy for people to play with then throw away. Someone-no, something that doesn't have a true place in life. You're just a pathetic, slutty, unwanted, little-," I cut him off by launching my fist at the side of his face.

I couldn't stand it when he talked like that to us. Like we were nothing. Just some objects that were to be used as toys. I had had it. And if I was going to be sold or traded off, he wouldn't do anything to me anymore.

I had never punched Crowely before like Malena sometimes had. She was the feisty one, he had once said, and I was the cute one. Well the cute one was done with being cute.

Apparently, Crowely didn't like that idea.

His hand had moved from my jaw to his cheek where I had hit him. The skin was red and when he looked back at me, his eyes were cold and murderous. I dared to glare back and I saw a glint of amusement in his gray eyes.

Fuck.

Crowely grabbed my wrists with one in each hand and slammed me back against the wall with a bang. I let out a slight hiss as my head hit against the wall, but quickly shut my mouth when I saw Crowely's eyes. A small, evil smirk tugged at his lips as he leaned towards my face. I tugged on his grip at my wrists but, of course, he didn't budge. Leaning in close to where his lips were barely grazing my ear, he whispered. "It looks like you need to know your place."

I let out a slight squeak as he bit down on the side of my neck, hard. I started to yank on his grip again but to no avail. I felt his lips curve into a grin at my struggle and pulled away. I continued my struggle as he gazed down at my neck, the grin still on his face. My neck still stung from his biting and then I realized; He had marked me.

This son of a bitch had the nerve to-

There was a knock at the door. I tore my gaze from the devil to the door. "Sir, are you and Levy ready to leave?" It was Raj.

Crowely growled to himself but looked back down at me. He leaned in close once again, but to where our eyes were inches apart. My eyes were locked on his in fear.

"Don't forget who you belong to."

ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ

The ride to my new owner's house was long. I sat in the back of the car with Crowely sitting in the front. I don't even know why he came. Maybe to speak with my new owner?

I let out a quiet yawn and leaned my cheek against the cold window, watching the scenery pass. It was late at night. We were somewhere in the forest, far from the city where Crowely's mansion was. With how long the car ride was getting, and how thicker the trees got, I guessed my new owner liked to be secluded from the rest of the world.

My mind began to wander as I thought about him. Or hopefully, them. Sometimes, if a maid got lucky, they would be transferred to a family, who were usually nicer than big business men.

I looked up when I felt the car slowing and looked toward the front out the windshield. In front of the car stood grand gates that glowed golden in the headlights. On the front of the gates was a big symbol of some sort of creature with wings? I couldn't make out what it was. I had never seen it in my books. But I didn't get enough time to study it, for the gates had opened, allowing the car to pull into a giant estate.

I sighed quietly and whispered to myself.

"Here we go."