Chapter 18: Spin the bottle

Start from the beginning

Spin the bottle with a bunch of werewolves and vampires? Somehow, I didn't think this was going to turn out so well.

"Ah, so you're the infamous Austin," Catherine said, looking him up and down appreciatively with Keira.

I struggled to keep myself in check; having someone else checking out my soul mate was not something I enjoyed seeing.

Austin's eyebrows arched as he looked at me briefly, "They've talked about me?"

"In passing," I said breezily as I sat down on the floor again, Alex going to sit next to Catherine while Austin sat next to me. I crossed my legs Indian style while Austin folded one leg underneath him and bent his other leg, resting his weight on one hand behind him while he leaned his arm on his bent knee.

I made quick introductions before Brett interrupted.

"Can we play now?" he whined.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, we can play now."

"Good, Carmen you're up first," he said, grinning broadly at me before he settled into his spot on the floor.

I inhaled sharply, "No, someone else could go first. Brett, why don't you go first? You're the one who wants to play so badly."

"Nuh-uh," he wagged his finger at me, "You're going first."

"Why?" I whined, trying to sound normal even though inside I was panicking.

"Because, you just are," Catherine said, rolling her eyes, "Now spin the damn bottle before I kiss you myself."

I growled before I leaned forward and spun the Pepsi bottle. My heart beat unsteadily in my chest with each second that passed until finally the bottle stopped spinning.

It pointed at me.

I stared at it for a long moment in silence before looking at Brett.

"Now what?" I asked, frowning.

He shrugged, "Make out with yourself or spin again."

"I pick the former, thank you very much," I said, turning around as I wrapped my arms around my waist and pretended to be making out with someone for a moment before I turned around again, "Happy?"

Aiden scowled at me, "No fair! Next time the bottle points at yourself you have to spin again or else it's no fun!"

I chuckled, slightly relieved, "Oh well. Next time then," I said, relaxing back into my Indian style sitting position.

"You're turn, Austin," Catherine said, looking excited. Obviously, she was hoping she'd be the one the bottle landed on. KNOW I WANT TO KILL HER

After hesitating for the briefest moment, Austin leaned forward and spun the bottle. Catherine and Keira watched it excitedly as it spun while I watched it with growing uneasy on each turn around until it finally stopped...and landed on Alex.

I burst out laughing while Catherine and Keira looked disappointed.

"You've got to be kidding me," Austin groaned, covering his face with his hands.

"Nope, now kiss him," Brett said, laughing.

Austin grunted, crawling across the floor before stopping in front of Alex

"Sorry, Alex," he said, giving Alex,the briefest kiss on the cheek he could manage before crawling back across the floor to sit by me.

Alex's jaw dropped, "Austin did you just kiss me?"

"Please, don't ever mention it," Austin groaned again.

Austin burst out laughing, "Trust me, that's not something I'll be broadcasting any time soon."