"How come I never knew that?" I asked, smiling at the story.

"Never came up," Sawyer answered, grinning. "They saved my life is what they did. Physically and spiritually. When I saw you walking home from the movies that day, I saw myself."

I mulled this over in my mind, looking at each one of them thoughtfully. All of them seemed content with the decisions they had made. Even if I wasn't a part of this family, I was still there. By God's grace to lead a lost guy like me, I was there.

"Thank the great God above you people have a thing for picking up strangers," I finally said. All of us bursted into laughter.

And the truly funny thing was, it was a legitimate thing to be thankful for.

[] [] []

That night before we were about to hit the hay, Sawyer and I went down to his bedroom.

Between the two of us, I think we both knew that at some point, we should start studying again together, even if we had already gone through one of the Gospels. I didn't really know about the rest of the Bible though, and without one to study with, I couldn't really look into it. He grinned at me as we reached his room, a familiar light in his eyes.

"Are we studying again?" I asked hopefully.

"That's the plan. Want to?"

"Definitely," I answered, sitting on the floor beside his bed.

Grinning, he walked over to his desk and pulled out a large book, much like the one he had. He handed it to me and I gently took it, running my fingers over the cover.

"I meant to give this to you a couple weeks ago, but I forgot, sorry," he explained, settling beside me. "It's a study Bible."

"Sweet," I said, smiling genuinely. I opened it up and started thumbing though it. Maps and footnotes were all over the place, explaining things that might be confusing. The ribbon held the spot of Mark, so I went there. An envelope was stuck between the pages.

"That's just for when you need some encouragement. They're notes from our youth group," he pointed out, nodding at it.

"This is great!" I exclaimed, excited to begin diving into God's word again. "Thank you."

"You're welcome Tin."

"So what are we reading next?"

"The stunning sequel to the Gospels," Sawyer started in a low, announcer voice. "From the author of the stunning book of Luke comes a shocking continuation--"

We both broke off in laughter as he started flipping to the next book in his own Bible. I tried to lean over to see where he was going, but he yanked his Bible away from view. I rolled my eyes playful and sat back against the bed.

"Something never seen before by Tin Tin Amble. A huge part of the New Testament--"

"We only have a couple hours for this," I joked.

"Okay, okay. This book also talks about patience," he said sarcastically.

I sighed and he chuckled.

"None other than the book of Acts."

[] [] []

We stayed up later than we should've.

Neither of us really cared though. A majority of the time was spent studying what we meant to. Eventually we finished and got off topic as normal teenagers do. It felt like I was more dedicated whenever I studied the Bible. Hearing about the beginning of what the apostles had to go through helped me put my life in perspective.