Sweet Valentine

It is the week of Valentine's Day and I don't even know who my Valentine is. Okay, I take that back, Darren could be my Valentine but he dared me to find another guy that would be my Valentine.

    Darren had told me two days ago, "If we are meant to be together, we would still love each other after this dare."

    I took him up on the dare but I made him promise that he would pick another girl. I figured out that I would obviously pick Matthew. Darren had just texted me saying that he would ask Ariana to be his Valentine and I approved his choice.

    I do not understand why Valentine's Day is even a holiday. It used to be a small celebration of a woman named Valentine who created S.E.X. Now, all young couples celebrate their love for each other with cheesy heart boxes that are filled with chocolates. Honestly, I do not think anybody did their research. History teachers were probably too horrified to tell anyone of the real reason.

    A knock came from my bedroom door. I quickly stood up and crossed the room to answer the door.

    "Darren, Matthew, and Ariana is at the front door, waiting for you." Mother said with a confused look on her face.

    "Mom, it's a double date. Sorry I forgot to tell you but I could invite Mark if you want him to check on me every minute. Maybe his new girlfriend would want to come as well." I filled her in.

    "No no, it's okay. I was just confused on why Darren was getting all touchy with Ariana."

    "Oh, Darren dared me to pick another guy to be my Valentine but I did the same to him. Matthew is mine, Ariana is his."

    "Oh my gosh, you scared me. I thought I had missed something. Anyways, you better go, be careful and have fun." Mother said, relieved.

    I walked past mom and quickly stomped down the stairs. I took one glance in the living room mirror. My hair was curled and my bangs were pulled on to the top of my head. I was wearing a tight red dress with a weaved brown belt. My boots were black with wedges on the bottom.

    I walked to the front door and opened it. Matthew was still waiting on the porch while Darren and Ariana were in the car. I wrapped my arm around Matthew's waist and started walking to the car.

    Mom stopped me and yelled out, "Sweetie, get the mail for me please?"

    I nodded and got the mail from inside, I'll read them later. Matthew left the car door for me to open and climbed into the passenger's seat. What a gentlemen.

________________________________________________________

    On Wednesday, Kate was begging me to tell me what happened. In my room she kneeled down and folded her hands together like a dog begging for treats.

    "Alright, I will tell you, but on one condition. You have to tell me who your Valentine is!" I shouted.

"Okay fine. You absolutely cannot tell anyone. You first." Kate stated.

    "Okay, so my Valentine is Matthew and Darren's Valentine is Ariana. I honestly thought it would go fine but it got a little hectic. Darren accidentally ran into a waitress and she dropped everything onto him. Then, later Matthew does the same exact thing. Both of the waitresses were furious but Ariana and I were laughing so hard that I almost doubled over and run into another waitress. We were kicked out of Olive Garden and we just went to Fazoli's."

    "Wow, that is quite the double date..." Kate looked away innocently.

    "Now it's your turn!" I sang.