New Girlfriend

"That weekend went too fast," I stated.

   "I know right? First I was at a party, drinking hard, the next thing I know I am at school again." Ariana said.

     Ariana is one of those girls who sleeps all day and party's all night. She usually comes into school with sunglasses and headphones on because of her hangover. We got to know each other over show choir camp and became good friends. Her hair was a red-brown color and she had on a tank-top, even though it is winter, with grey sweatpants. Her shoes were coal-black Converse.

   "I will see you at lunch, girlie." Ariana stated.

   "Kk TTYL!" And after that, the bell rang for first period.

________________________________________________________________

   "Hey! Where's your other half?" Kate asked as she set her lunch tray down.

   "I told Darren to stay home because he had a pounding headache. It was probably from too many kids screaming in his ears at Disney Land." I replied.

   "Speaking of, how did that go?" Ariana asked whilst raising her eyebrows up and down.

   "Oh shut up, Ariana. You can't even pick up one guy without creeping them out." Kate insulted.

   I giggled at that statement.

   "But, seriously. How did it go? Give me the deats woman!" Kate forcibly said.

   "Well, it was lovely. No, it was magical. Darren made me not scared of rollercoasters and then we kissed under sparkling fireworks...he said that he loved me."

   Kate jumped out of her seat and shouted, "What? How come my best friend gets a hot and lovable boyfriend while I sit in my room watching Netflix all day!?"

   "See I am not the only one who can't get a boyfriend!" Ariana shouted back.

   Kate sat back down, "I do have a boyfriend, thankyouverymuch."

   "Oh really? Lets see who this so called boyfriend is."

   "His name is...um... Aladdin!"

   "Yea, okay. You are dating a non-existing cartoon character who flies a magic carpet and has a pet monkey named Abu."

   "Whatever. Just know that you are too creepy to date a cartoon."

   I sat and watched in amusement. These girls, I swear. This is how their friendship works most of the time.

  "You better sleep with one eye open tonight, Kate," Ariana tried.

  "I told you that you were creepy. You would probably be too dr..."

  *brrrrriiiiiinnnnggggg*

____________________________________________________________________

  "Hey, Lyd! Wait up!" Matthew called out to me.

  He caught up to me, "what?" I asked.

  "Did you know that Mark started dating a girl?"

  My eyebrows shot up, "Who?"

  "His one and only crush, Gabi," He replied.

  "Wow, finally."

  "I know right? I honestly thought that they were already dating." Matthew said.

  Matthew is the  Broadway musical guy. He is upbeat and fun but he also likes to gossip sometimes. He is my best guy friend. His dirty-blonde hair is always flopping on his light blue eyes. His eyes are like a shining diamond in the jewelry store. Today, Matthew was wearing a blue plaid button-up shirt with jeans. His shoes were blue Jordans.

  "I will see you tomorrow, Lyd. Text me if you want." Matthew said after a moment of silence.

  "Kk, see ya!" And we went  our separate ways.

  I pulled out my phone and texted Mark.

  "Gabi and you? Finally! I am going to Darren's house."  I texted to Mark.

  *bing*

  "Yea Gabi is sweet. I will tell mother. Are you staying there for dinner? Do you need a ride?" Mark texted back.

  "No, I do not need a ride, his house isn't that far. You know that. Yes I am staying for dinner."  I texted back and started walking towards Darren's house.

__________________________________________________________________

  I walked into the back door of Darren's house. I petted the top of Bone's, Darren's pug, head and ran upstairs to see how Darren was.

  I quietly opened the white wooden door and looked inside. Darren's room was completely clean and more organized than it was last time I came here. I walked in and my eyes bulged out when I saw that Darren's head was bruised badly. He was holding an icepack onto his forehead, he was asleep though.

  "Is it bad?" Darren said, scaring me out of my wits.

  "What happened?" I asked concerned as I hurriedly walked to his bedside.

  "While I was cleaning, I hit my head onto the TV."

  "Are you okay? Do you need more icepacks?" 

  The bruise seemed like it was a much more worse situation than hitting it on a TV.

  "No, I am good for now," He winced.

  "Okay, go to sleep for now and I will wake you up when I am done making dinner for us."

  He doused off quickly. I ran downstairs and looked in the fridge for another icepack to put on his head. Running quietly into his room, I put the second icepack on his head and ran back downstairs.

  I looked around for cookbooks that his mother might have left. Darren has been living by himself because his mother left him. His dad used to check on Darren every weekend but Darren practically lives with us so his dad stopped checking on him.

  Bone barked softly at me. 

  "Leave Darren alone for a bit okay?" I stared at Bone to see his reaction. He lied down on the polished wood.

  I found only one cookbook that was on a shelf. I flipped through the soups to see if there was a simple chicken noodle soup. I found a recipe, pulling out a pot quietly and set it on the stove. I put two cups of water in the pot and let it boil. I poured a pack of noodles, I found in his food cabinet, in the pot. I looked through the freezer to find any pre-cooked meat. I could only find a veggie patty that looked like steak. I put the patty on a small glass plate and set it in the oven for thirty seconds. Soon, I poured the chopped up patty in the pot and let the soup cook for a few minutes. I added a few spices to the soup and poured some into a bowl with a fork.

  "Okay, Bone go wake him up." I said to Bone.

  His ears perked up and I followed him as he trotted up the stairs. I opened the door and Bone walked in and jumped up onto Darren. I hurriedly set the bowl down to pick up Bone.

  "Did you send the pug to pee on me?" Darren asked.

  "Haha, You wish. Dinner is at your service, sir." I replied.

  "I do not wish for that and thank you." He gave a small smile and winced.

  Darren and I ate in silence while we watched Bone rolling over on his stomach. I kept my eye on Darren because I was not buying his excuse.

Hello, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It is kind of short, sorry for that. Comment what you think happened to Darren's head. Vote for this and have a nice day/night!

                                                                                                            -Abbie