Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue

It is the next day in first period and I am already bored of my teacher. Mr. Kebable, also know as Mr. Bendable because he likes to bend everyone's emotions, is my least favorite teacher because he is so boring and rude. I don't have any friends, that I am comfortable with, in this class so I get bored pretty fast. Also, it is boring because it is science. The axolotl is always staring at me through the glass fish tank and it smells like dead snake skin because of the snake in another glass tank.

*brrrriiinnnnggggg*

      Saved by the bell.

_____________________________________________________________________________

      At lunch, I made my eyes avert to my feet while I was walking with my tray at hand. I made it to the table, fortunately without falling again. All of my friends were sitting at the same table as we always do, it is right by the lunch line door so we can just get up and get something from there.

      I saw Mark at my table and shot him a menacing glare. I talked to him last night and he said that it was an accident. I showed him the video of the whole thing and he said that he did not do post it. I never believed him because it was on his YouTube channel, but I just went with it. He shot me a confused look across the table.

      "Are you even listening to me, Lydia?" Kate asked me.

      "Kate, you have to tell me when you start talking to me."

      "Oh, wow you listen to your boyfriend but you can't listen to me?"

      "Kate, you know that I zone out sometimes. From now on I will keep my attention on you till the day I die. How does that sound?" I smiled a little.

      "Lydia, that sounds lovely! Deal!" Kate said with a giggle.

      I laughed along with her. It is nice to have time to talk to my best friend. Darren is not here today because he is sick, I brought him porridge and a package of water over to his house this morning. I am going again with more medicines that could help. Darren hates being sick on school days because he does not want to miss any valuable education.

*brrrrriiinnnnnggg*

________________________________________________________________________________

      I went to Darren's house afterschool. I gave him my homemade soup and I vaporized his chest to help him breathe a bit better.

      "Go home, Lydia. Your mother wants you home right now." Darren suddenly said,

      "You don't want me to help you with your fever?" I asked Darren.

      "Just go okay? There is something important that you need to see."

      "Okay, but call me if you need  more soup or water bottles."

      "Trust me, I have enough water bottles. Now go, love."

      "Okay, talk to you later."

      His voice still weakens my knee's. I walked out the door and into my car. I walked home in silence.

      I got home and walked into my room to set down my small black purse. There was a piece of paper that I barely noticed on my bed.

It said:

Roses are red, Violets are blue, Go look in something that holds flowers, I believe in you.

      That is weird, who left this on my bed? Something that holds flowers? That would most definitely be a vase, right? I went out of my room to look for a vase. The only vase I know of, is the one in the attic. So, I climbed the ladder to the attic. The vase that was up here, did indeed have a piece of paper in it.

It says:

Nothing gold can stay,  buds are blooming in my heart for you. You best hurry because nothing gold can stay.

      I now know who this is. Darren must've put this in here, he does love scavenger hunts and riddles. Buds are blooming? does he actually mean that because it is winter and there are no flowers out. I looked outside to see if there were actually flowers but there were none. The only place I could think of was the market. The market probably has tons of flowers there.

      I made my mom drive me to the market and she was smiling the whole time. I walked into the store and asked one of the staff if there were any flowers. She made me follow her to the back of the store and there were tons of lilies in a row. There was yet another piece of paper there saying:

I have a dream that soon, you will go to the park and skip rocks against my beating heart for you.

       I told mom that she could go home now because the nearest park isn't too far from here. The park is called Golden Stone. I walked there and sat on a bench to think.

      I guess he wants me to find a pile of rocks to skip against "his beating heart." Meaning the river stream. I got up and walked towards the nearest river. There were tons of rocks near the river stream. I looked long and hard more about 5 minutes. It would be hard to see the paper because most of the rocks are white. I walked towards the paved sidewalk. There was writing in chalk that said:

Follow the path to my heart, you will find someone sitting at the end of the bed in my heart.

      Is it my bed? Maybe it is, or is it Darren's bed? These riddles were kind of easy.

      "Excuse me, is this for you?" An old lady had asked me.

      "Yes, it is certainly for me." I replied.

      "This is one of the sweetest things I have seen in a long time."

      "I am on a scavenger hunt that my boyfriend is having me do." I said and started walking home.

_____________________________________________________________________________

      I finally made it home. I opened the front door and walked up the stairs to my room. At the foot of my bed was a pair of black leggings, a Lilo&Stitch shirt, and a headband that had Stitch ears on them. There was a satchel and inside were red and white polka dotted shoes with a camera.

      "You are welcome," I heard a voice said behind me.

      I turned around and saw Darren standing there with something in his hand.

      "I am confused. Thank you for the cute outfit and camera, though. What is in your hand?" I asked.

      "These are two tickets to Disneyland and we are leaving tomorrow so get packed." Darren replied with a huge grin on his face.

      "OMG! I love Disney! How? When? Why?" I said as I jumped up and down excitedly.

      "This is just a small present for you. The camera is for taking pictures and the shoes are for walking."

      "Small!?! This is huge! Oh my this is amazing! Thank you." I had the hugest smile on my face.

      Darren matched my smile, " We are going to Disneyland!"

Thank you for reading my third chapter! I am having fun writing for people! Comment what you think about the book. Do you ship "Lydarren?" Please vote and share this book. Thanks!