Chapter 12

*Harry's POV*

Nolan and I grew closer every single day. He even opens up around me. His sense of humour is hilarious and very sarcastic. So whenever Zayn can't make it I stay around Nolan for as long as I can. Too bad he isn't a real guy, we would laugh and talk until the early hours with a beer in our hands. Nolan's self confidence grew a bit and he even sometimes walks with his head high when visitors coo at him. He needs it, he is a great giraffe.

He also likes Zayn and I together. Once he actually told me he wants a love like that, but with a girl.

"Don't get me wrong Curly, You and Lover boy are cute together, but I like girls!"
"So, do you have someone in mind?"
"No, the girls here are boring and much older than me. It's not really my thing."
"Well, Zayn is older than me, it's not that bad."
"How much older is he?"
"About a year."
"It's not that much, the girls here are at least 4 years older and pretend to be all grown up. I cannot stand it!"
"What do you like in a girl Nolan?"
"I have no clue... I've never been in love before, but I think I like girls who are sweet and have pretty eyes, a bubbly smile and who are into Harry Potter and the films we watch every night."
"You mean the Disney film?"
"Yes those! They are amazing!"
"What's your favourite No?"
"I'm not sure, I think Mulan. She is really strong and fights for what she believes. She is amazing! I want to be that strong. My favourite scene is in Rapunzel though... The lantern and the boat! You should ask Lover Boy out like that. I'm pretty sure he will kiss you and you can be together."

"Seriously, it's like really cliché."
"Still, I can tell you miss spending loads of time with him and I hear him talk to Aslan about it. He blames himself for not being your boyfriend."
"Poor Z. If I could date him, I would, but I promised him to go slowly and now with that bizarre thing going on, I don't know if it's the right time!" I clutched my hands desperately in my hear and pulled on it roughly. Being Zayn's boyfriend is the only thing I want right now, but I want to be able to give him all my attention and that is just not an option at the moment. Sure, the vortex is gone and there are no more notes, but I except them back any day. It wasn't a dream.

"Harry, don't beat yourself up about it. It will happen. Even Aslan thinks you are meant to be, and I quote: 'You are both Disney princes, so it will happen and I never lie!'"
"Aslan is too adorable for his own good."
"True, but he is right about this. I know it, you fit together. You are end game! Maybe not now, but definitely later."
"I don't know, I feel like I've waited to long. Anyways, I got to go. I'm taking Zayn and his sisters out for dinner."
"Enjoy and don't think about it too much. What has to happen will happen. Don't forget: End Game!"

I got dressed and made my way to the restaurant I made reservations for. Zayn and his sisters were already there and were having fun.

"Hey Harry! You made it!"
"My god Safaa, you seem to grow every time I see you. It's mental!", I wrapped my arms around the little girl and hugged her. The others also wanted a hug. Zayn not only got a hug but also a kiss on his cheek. The blush on his face made him twice as cute.

"Hey Babe, I missed you so much. Can't wait to have you all for myself tonight." I whispered in his ear.
"I can't wait for tonight as well. I love having free nights when I can spend them like this." He nuzzled his face into my t-shirt and I felt him smile. His action make me go weak in my knees.

We ate dinner and laughed a lot. The girls told me about school, their tea parties and Doniya's new found love for the male species. After that we dropped them back off at home I took Zayn with me. We made our way to my bedroom to have a nice sleep without having a massive backache in the morning. Zayn got closer to me and I wrapped him in my arms. We were acting like boyfriends, just the official title was missing.

It was about 3.30 am when a crash woke us up. Louis, Niall and Liam were already standing in the living room looking shocked at the window that was shattered into little pieces. Lou was holding a brick.

"Okay, a brick with a note to it is so last week. This is ridiculous."
"Yeah Lou, but it has an impact though. They probably want us grumpy and bitchy so that when they attack we will be reckless. It's easier for them to win whatever it is they want to win."
"Okay Inspector Payne, can someone tell me what's on the freaking note?", Niall asked impatiently.

Soon. Be Prepared. Soon!

"That's it? Seriously? They couldn't tell us that in the morning?"
"I so agree Ni, come on, let's go back to bed."
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep now Lou. I'm all nervous and annoyed."
"That's why I said, let's go back to bed. You, me and my bed. I need some hugs to relax me."

Niall smiled and grabbed Lou's hand. Both of them hopping on the stairs, a giggle leaving their lips when the door closed. They were seriously into each other, they just don't know it yet. The realization will dawn on them soon enough and if not, we will have to help them.

Suddenly Liam gasped real loud and stormed outside. Fences and cages were broken, covered in graffiti. Thankfully all the animals stayed exactly where they were, probably too shocked to move. From close by the graffiti made more sense, they were messages towards us.

Give up now you still can

We don't want to hurt you, just leave now

This zoo is ours

The vortex will work soon again, better than ever

The last one was the most scary to be honest.

Friday at midnight we will arrive. If you aren't here, the zoo is ours. If you are here, we will battle. Be prepared to lose.

Every animal was shaking as a leave, all telling us that they had seen nothing. They were asleep and woke up from a lot of noise, but at that time they were at other cages or disappeared. They only thing everyone had seen was a purple cloud.

All of us groaned. We woke up Lou and Ni and all of us started working to clean up the zoo. I felt bad for getting Zayn into this. He finally had a night off and could sleep properly and now he had to work again. He assured me that it was all right. He was going to take a sick day tomorrow. That way he could sleep some more after this. He needed it. After a week of night work, Zayn was always so tired. Of course he was still handsome, but so pale and in a Zombie state of mind. The only thing he did was lie on me and fall asleep. Not that I minded.

After 3 hours of cleaning with the help of everyone else, we had to call them and show them what happened telling them it were vandals that broke in our zoo, we got back into our beds. Liam managed to call the others who weren't asked for help and gave them the first shift, that way we could all have a proper sleep and still work, just later in the day. Thank you Li!

Cuddling closer to Zayn, I feel asleep with his head on top of my chest and our hands intertwined. I really could get used to this.