chapter 3.

"guess we all get nightmares sometimes."

holly's pov;

-dream-

"stay with me, c'mon," a deep voice said, and all i could do was scream. "help me! i-i can't," tears falling from my eyes and staining my cheeks. i tried kicking anyone and everything, fighting my way to get away from wherever i was.

"hold her down! i need to calm her-"

"let me go!" i screamed as loud as i could before i was knocked out.

-end of dream-

i gasped, sitting up quickly and coming face to face with a guy with dirty blonde hair. i screamed, about to get up but he took hold of my shoulders and pressed me down. "let me go! help me! alec!" i screamed as i started to go into a full panic attack.

"hey- calm down, i'm not going to hurt you!" the guy said, speaking a bunch of words. i tried shoving him off, still screaming for help.

a second later, i saw alec rushing through the door and coming towards me. "holly, holly, it's okay," he reassured me, as the blonde guy got off of me and alec came directly in front of me, grabbing my face in his large hands.

"i didn't know w-who he-" i sobbed, clinging onto his wrists. "i thought he was trying to hurt me," i whispered, hot tears still falling down my red cheeks.

"shh, it's alright. you're safe with me, remember?" alec said, rubbing his thumbs over my tears. "i'll keep you safe, i promise."

i nodded, breathing in harshly as i tried not to think about the nightmare i just had also. it took me a moment before looking up at the blonde guy, "i'm sorry."

he nodded, "it's alright, are you okay though? i heard you crying in your sleep.."

i nodded, pulling away from alec and trying to stand up. "yeah, yeah. i'm fine.. guess i just had a nightmare."

alec got up and stood behind me as i tried balance myself on my wobbly knees.

the blonde guy chuckled at me, "guess we all get nightmares sometimes."

i hummed, grabbing my head as i started to feel lightheaded. "when was the last time you ate?" alec asked, wrapping his arms around my waist to steady me.

i turned and looked up at him, "i don't really remember..." i mumbled, looking down shyly. i felt alec's hands tighten around me and saw the blonde guy looking at something. "come with me, i'll get you something to eat," he said, heading towards the door.

i went to pull away, but i was pulled back into alec's arms. "do you want me to come with you?" he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my skin.

"yeah," i said softly back, looking up into his eyes. he nodded, taking my hand and pulling me along with him. as we were walking to get some food, i noticed a girl with dark hair. "hey jace, alec," said the girl.

they stopped and i almost slammed into alec's back, not knowing he was fully stopping. the girl smirked, looking me over.