chapter 2.

"i thought that maybe i could help mend you back together."

holly's pov;

"hmm," i groaned, blinking my eyes softly while trying to wake myself up. once my eyes were finally open, my eyes focused on a tall guy with dark hair, tattoos across his neck and arms, he was tall and looked beyond buff and muscular.

he came over to me as i continued staring at him, "w-who are-" i began, but was cut off.

"rough night?" the guy smirked, resting his palm against my forehead. "i- what happened?" i whispered, fearing for the answer.

"how about we trade, hm? question for question," the guy sassed at me. all i could do was nod.

"alright," the guy huffed, "ladies first," he sat at the end of the bed, staring at me intensely.

i tried to swallow, but my mouth was dry. "uh.. who are you?" i asked groggily, while trying to sit up again. my throat was really sore.

"i'm alec," the guy said, getting up and grabbing a bottle of water, bringing it back to me he continued, "who are you?"

i gratefully took the water, swallowing almost the whole thing. "slow down, i can't have you dying or else i won't get the answers i need."

"the answers you need?" i questioned, feeling myself grow confused as i started to get a headache.

alec rolled his eyes at me, "you didn't answer my first question- who are you?"

"i'm holly," i said quickly, not wanting him to become upset with me. he nodded, waiting for my next question.

"where am i?" i asked softly, regaining my voice.

"you are somewhere safe. who were you running from?"

i stared at him, not knowing what to really say... what could i tell him? "um, so yeah i was running from my master lucas who kept me his prisoner for almost three years, how's your life been?"

um, definitely no.

"just some people," i whispered, looking down as i felt tears pool in my eyes. i could feel alec's eyes on me, making me feel trapped under his stare.

i took a moment before asking my next question, "why did you save me?" i asked, taking notice that he was directly in front of my face now.

i gasped softly, as i didn't notice or hear that he moved at all. he smiled softly while looking down at his hands and letting out a little chuckle, "you seemed like you needed the help."

he looked back up and our eyes met, and i couldn't help it- i was lost in his light hazel eyes. not really noticing i was staring, i let out a little breathy laugh, "well, your turn."

his face became serious again. "you answered enough of my questions for now, you should get some rest, you had a.. pretty rough night," he said, his eyebrows furrowing as if he was remembering something.

he went to stand up, but i grabbed his wrist in a light grasp. "wait- i have one more question," i said, biting my lip nervously. he looked down at me, a small smirk on his face, "yeah?"

"did you.. did you take care of me last night?" i asked, looking up at him and noticing he was looking at my hand that was still holding on to his wrist.

i blushed lightly, letting go and placing my hand on top of my lap. he laughed, shaking his head while rubbing the back of his neck.

"i thought that maybe i could help mend you back together," he said seriously, walking away and stopping in the mid doorway of the big hospital room.

"i'll check on you later," he said, not turning around and walking out.

i sighed, leaning my head against the metal headrest of the bed. i closed my eyes, falling asleep in peace.

even if i didn't know alec that well, i was beyond grateful for him.

---

hi, hope u liked this lil' chapter..
it's just a filler i promise!!
usually my chapters will be long unless they're just a filler.. also, there is lots to come between alec and holly!
hope y'all liked this little interaction between them.

love u lots.