Gone (Chapter 21)

-Damien's POV continued-
"Well well well...", I hear Daggers preppy voice say. "You closed minded fools, you must think I'm just going to hand her over. Her, the link to the other side".

I can feel claws ripping through my phalanges, and my fangs replace my pearl white teeth.

"Woah woah woah, calm down kitty. We can settle this like adults", dagger smirked.

"Just give us the girl, we won't leave till we get her", Damon spoke in a stern voice.

"Who said anything about leaving?", Dagger snapped his fingers and a dozen pale faced vampires appeared, surrounding us with deep dark red eyes, blood thirsty for us.

"othísei makriá", Luna yelled loudly. The immortals bodies swung to the walls, slamming against the brick.

"Now you've just made them angry", Dagger chuckled.

A handful of blood sucking immortals lunged their pale bodies at me. I kicked them off, sinking my claws into one's eyes and flinging them into another. My cuticles raked down another's pectorals and sunk down to his intestines, ripping his guts out.

I glanced over to Iris, who was being pinned against the wall. I leaped on the creature's back and sunk my claws into the back of his neck and pried off his head.

Iris heavily breathing nodded thanks and continued to fight Dagger's minions.

My eyes glanced toward Damon who was running to the dark hallway, my heart told me to follow but all I could think about was ripping out Daggers heart.

I ran down the opposite hall, leaving Iris and Luna to fight off the rest of them and Damon to save Rain.

The dark hallway lead to no where else than to a metal door. I lunged my body towards the door, taking the door down.

My eyes frantically glanced the room, but all I could hear was my heavily breathing.

Iris and Luna came running in behind me.

My reflexes took over and I pinned Iris to the ground, followed by a loud growl in his face.

"Where is he!", I yelled in a dark loud tone.

"Damien stop! That's Iris! You're going to hurt him!", Luna yelled, in a shaky voice.

My eyes softened but all my conscious was telling me is to kill.

Kill him. Sink your claws slowly into his eyes. Make him feel the pain you felt, rake your claws down his chest and dig deep enough until you reached his spine and rip it out. Break every bone in his body, it's a game, see how many bones you can break before he takes his last breaths in a plead for mercy.

Damon comes running in with Rain in his arms, clinging to his chest. He put her down and rammed his body into mine, knocking me off Iris and into the wall.

"What the hell has gotten into you?!", Damon screamed at me as he pinned me to the wall.

I flipped Damon over and now he stood pinned to the wall, I grabbed Rain by the neck and placed her in a chokehold.
Her eyes filled with fear the same way they did when I first met her. I can feel her heart racing, and all my head is telling me to do is to snap her neck.

The voices in my head won't be quiet and they are screaming at me to kill her, kill them, kill everyone. Make them all suffer the way I did. The silent screams are only getting louder and my claws are so close to puncturing her veins.

I've lost control.

"You don't want to do this", Luna spoke with her arms out in attempt to be comforting.

My eyes glanced to Iris who still lays on the floor and Damon taking slow steps towards me.

"Don't get any closer", I said in a dark tone, a tone so low and possessive, nothing like my control. These demons of mine are taking over and I can't stop them. "I will kill her", I continued.

"Listen, I know you're angry but that's not who you want to kill... Damien that's Rain.. Rain, the mention of her name used to make you smile, now you have her at her deathbed", Damon said softly.

There was a loud crashing sound above us, the brick that laid on the ceiling shook violently.

"Damon what's happening?", yelled luna.

"It's dagger, he's probably escaping, running away, like he always does", Damon responded frantically.

•~•Damon's POV•~•

And with those final words... He was gone. Vanished from our presence. Rain stood there shaking violently, looking down, sobbing.

I knew that might be the last time I would see him in years, last time he went off the rails, I didn't see him till the day Rain and Luna came. The only reason he came was because him and Rain and linked with the bond. He has a monster inside him that keeps taking control of him, my brother. When anger floods in, it's more intense than any other being, he's what they call a Ripper. He goes on non stop killing sprees when his anger takes over. But this time I don't think there's any bringing him back. 

I ran over to Rain and held her in my arms. "Shh... He's gone...", I whispered softly in her ear. She wept quietly.

"He's gone... I don't think he's coming back till Dagger is dead", Iris spoke softly.

"I think it's time we went home..." Luna spoke.

I picked up Rain and she clung her bruised and cut arms around my neck.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I knocked on her door softly, she hasn't left her bed in days. I turned the dusty doorknob and entered her room.

My heart raced as I glanced to her bed to see nothing but sheets.
"Rain", I yelled into the dark room.

"In here", she spoke softly and weakly. I haven't heard her calming voice in a while, I'll I've heard out of her beautiful lips was the screams in the middle of the night when the taunting nightmares visit her thoughts.

I followed her voice to the bathroom. She stood, standing in front of the mirror, looking at every inch of her body. She was covered in scars and bruises yet she looked more beautiful than ever.

She turned to me and fell into my arms, weeping quietly. "I can't...", she said between the quick breaths she took between cries.

"Shh.. Yes, you can. You'll be fine. It's okay now... I'm here", I said as I placed my hands on her face and wiped her tears.

She said two words and somehow I knew exactly how she felt. She felt dirty, full of guilt and pain. Emotionally and physically abused and beaten up. How she made it this far is a miracle.

She looked up and smiled softly, but this time it was different. Her face smiled but her eyes didn't.

TrappedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara