05

After a while, Michael calms down; he goes to the bathroom and cleans up. He throws water in his face getting rid of any evidence of tears. He pinches his own chicks and forces a smile to the mirror.

"You're okay. Everything is okay." He says to himself making eye contact with his reflection.

When the boy is ready to face his friends, he goes downstairs. They are spotted on the living room's couch and even though Michael is still upset he grins to himself once he notice Calum's arm around Ashton.

"Hey, guys!" He practically screams making the pair jump of surprise. They look at him with a frown.

"Mikey," Calum walks towards the boy, pulling him into a warm hug. He then continues to say in his ear. "you okay?"

Michael chuckles and pushes away softly. What he says next confuses the boys but they decide not to push it. "I'm great, don't worry about me."

They spent that rest of the afternoon watching movies and playing random boardgames. That was until Michael picked himself up from the floor and stated that he was feeling like doing, as he described "stupid shit". He convinced his friends to drive to any open store they could find open at 2:00AM and buy hair dye.

They all went to Ashton's car and drove around for awhile before they found a place open. The group went inside. Calum and Ashton in search of snacks while the other of the three tried to decide a hair color.

There were endless piles of endless tones to choose from; it went from the darkest tones to the lightest ones such as simple white. It took him so long to look at each one of them. They were all perfect in their own way for him.

The boy lost track of time trying to choose, this made his friends come looking for him. Picking one was just so hard for him, but he finally did. He made a mental note to at least dye his hair two more times.

He happily showed his friends what he picked.

"Black? Isn't that a bit drastic?" Was the first response he got.

"Well, I'm not paying for something you can barely notice." He used as an excuse. That kinda makes sense.

After paying for their items Michael tried to persuade them into taking a drive before going back to Calum's but they denied saying they needed to sleep.

As they arrived home Michael jumped out of the car and ran inside the house. When the others caught up to him on the upstairs bathroom, he was already putting the product in his head. Ashton asks him why didn't he just waited until tomorrow as he rubs his eye. "Much excited. Very hair." He gets as a response.

Ashton leans close to Calum without losing eye contact with the hyperactive boy. He whispers loud enough for everyone to hear. "You didn't give him any drugs, did you?"

"Don't think so."