Back on Campus

Fred

What an Idiot. I can't believe that Nial would do that. I mean, I know he's dopey and everything but still, running into a tree is so stupid. Ryan found it hilarious.

Yeah, you might know Ryan Sharma. He is a CHERUB legend, racking up a good amount of missions. He has earned his black shirt. He's now seventeen and we all look up to him. At our age he was foiling criminal masterminds and arguably is one of the best CHERUB agents ever. Maybe other than James Adams. He is a living legend that is the maths teacher at CHERUB today. He doubles this with being a mission co - ordinator. He did the most missions ever. Me and Nial are always jumping at the chance to do extra missions, and Nial, Laura, Nina and I have already got our navy shirts. This course we entered was said to be for the best of the best, and was devised by James Adams himself, with a little help from his sister Lauren and Bruce Norris.

Anyway, the courses next stage, a special driving course, may test Nina, and of course Nial as he is still not a peak fitness. I wonder when he will be back to normal, or if he may be able to continue with the course?

Speaking of Nina, here she is now.

"Hi Fred. Have you checked on Nial lately?" she asked me as we both sat down for dinner. 

"I saw him about three hours ago." I replied.

"I hope he gets better soon."

"Me too." We all cared for Nial, and he was a good friend more than anything. But the driving course was In two days, and we didn't know if we would be ready or not.

Just then, the 6 o'clock news came on. The main story was the middle Eastern attack in which two American CIA agents were murdered on a non - mission holiday. Apparently, the Avengers had gone to try and investigate, but Hawkeye had been concussed by a local group of people who form further investigations were thought to be a Elite group of terrorists employed by a larger organisation.

"Wouldn't you love to work with such a cool team like them?" Nina asked me.

"Yeah sure, but isn't that a bit too out of our league kind of thing?"

"Maybe, but your always the one whose up for a challenge, aren't you?"

"Yeah, of course I am!"

Just then, we noticed Laura and Nial come into the cafeteria. I was about to wave to them, when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Sean, Kai and some of there mates.

"Oi, you right cheater. First you run into a tree, and then you get two girls to carry you the rest of the way." Kai shouted.

"What a baby!" Sean added, and they all started to pretend to run into a tree, and Kai pretended to be crying with a dummy in his mouth.

I got up, making a noise as I shifted the table, the cutlery making too much noise. Sean was the first to notice me get up, and then the others looked around. They were all stocky, but that didn't necessarily mean that they were strong. Most of the gang were banned agents who had put on too much weight. CHERUB was going through a difficult time at the moment, as decent missions were getting more difficult to come by. The best CHERUB agents, like Kyle Blueman and Bruce Norris, had all past seventeen, the age that you leave CHERUB. This had left a huge gap once this year had left. The staff at CHERUB are arguably the best ever, but the recruiting system has taken a beating. 

Most missions now are small scale, as threats like ISIS are to much to handle, even for experienced CHERUB agents. The world is evolving, and CHERUB can barely keep up with the times. This is why the course is such a big deal.

Anyway, I had to defend Nial. He was my best friend, and we were always there for each other. I casually strutted over to the gang, but in reality, my legs felt like lead.

"At least he can actually get a girl!" I shouted. Kai and Sean turned a nasty shade of purple, and I could see a smirk appear on Nial's face. Kai bunched his fists, and started towards me. I backed off three steps, as Kai loomed over me. He tried to punch me, launching his fist towards my face. Inches away; his fist was caught. Me and Kai turned, and holding Kai's fist was eighteen - year - old Jake Parker. Jake was my trainer when I came to CHERUB, and we still watch football together, with Nial and Laura, who is a Manchester City fan. He had just come back from a mission, and so he had passed seventeen whilst he was in the field. This mean't he had an extra year at Campus. 

Jake was one of the only CHERUB's currently to have his black shirt. This had earned him a great deal of respect. And instantly, Kai, Sean, and there cronies backed off.

"Thanks bro" I said, practically praying to him.

"No problem kid."