The first Clue - Avengers

Captain America

I was driving the Bowler EXR S through the Syrian desert. To the left of me was Bruce, otherwise known as the Hulk. In the Bowler behind me sat Tony and Thor, and the the occupants of the final vehicle were Clint and Natasha. The hot sun was beating down on us as we drove through miles of desert.

The reason we were here was that a group of locals had been hanged, and their bodies were found rotting on a sandy dune. This had attracted little attention but the second attack was what had sparked this all off. Two American agents on a holiday which had been for pleasure and not on a mission were brutally murdered and their bodies were dumped outside the embassy. They were found in the earlier hours of yesterday morning, and we had been sent over here. Partially because we had nothing better to do and partly because Tony wanted a natural tan.

I wasn't in my standard uniform, but wearing rough denim shorts, an ultra light stab vest and a checked shirt over the top. Despite my sunglasses, my eyes still hadn't adjusted to this weather. My shield was tucked away in the back of the vehicle. Bruce was dressed similarly except he had no vest. He was obviously finding the conditions difficult as well. Tony was also wearing shorts and a shirt, but had added a head scarf, apparently to blend in and look cool. With his sunglasses added he looked a bit like a hipster billionaire, so nothing new to see here.

Clint was also wearing the same as me, and had the same protective vest as well. Natasha was wearing a skirt and a white blouse. They too had sunglasses.

As we pushed on, we noticed a rather large group of Camel riders on our right. Almost immediately after we spotted them, our GPS shut down. With no map, we decided to turn off and see if they could point us in the direction we needed. 

As we approached them, we noticed each one of them had a custom AK - 47. this was slightly unusual, but following recent events, it was also predictable. Despite this, I was still cautious, and I tensed as we neared them, just as any other soldier would. I gripped my Colt Python as Tony and Thor stepped out. 

Tony was going to speak to them as he had built a special ear piece linked to Jarvis. Jarvis would act as a translator. As they talked, I noticed one of them slowly lifting a handgun from its holster. I drew my revolver, aiming it. The handgun fired, but I was quick as the power of my revolver mean't that it had struck the local off his camel before he could fire another shot. Thor, with impeccable reflexes, jumped onto Tony, bringing him down as the bullet whizzed over his head. Clint and Natasha opened up with their guns as I fired the other five shots. I quickly loaded again, but as I loaded the third bullet, rounds from the AK's hit the windscreen. Luckily, it was bulletproof but it still produced a sharp cracking sound.

I aimed and fired my next rounds. Despite the training we had all done, and everything we had been through, we weren't having much luck as the locals had retreated to a distance where our handguns were rendered useless. Knowing this, I shot out the door, opened up the back of the Bowler and pulled out my shield.

I ran forward, the bullets pinging off my shield like tennis balls. I glimpsed locals to my right and as I jumped onto the sand, I threw my shield. The momentum it was carrying mean't it sliced clean through two, and cut half way into the third. Clint had found his bow and was firing arrows at our attackers, every one hitting its target. Their group were being reduced, but we were still outnumbered. Natasha sprinted around them, attacking a flank. Her pistols buzzed with power as she took out four more. There were now only seven of them, but they were putting up a fight. Two fired bursts at Natasha, keeping her pinned down in the sand, whilst another shot a grenade at Clint. He dived down, but the blast had knocked him out. Bruce was still In the Bowler, surveying the fight. In this small engagement, his overkill services weren't needed. 

Thor had got up, and charged at the condensed group, they scattered, meaning they were easier to pick off. Natasha got up, and shot three more down. Clint was still on the floor, but I had got up and had taken out two more with my shield. This left two, and Thor snapped the neck of one. He grabbed the other, shaking him for ten seconds solid. 

He yelled "Who are you, and who do you work for!"

The remaining attacker said nothing, and so Thor dropped him.