How did they pull that one off?

Hospital Wing, Cherub campus.

I woke up, groaning with the pain that was throbbing in my body. My eyes were blocked and hazed, so I could barely see out of them. I shifted myself up, wincing at the jarring pain I had created. I blinked a couple of times, and finally my eyes focussed.

Fred, Laura and Nina were sat at the foot of my bed. Laura had a cocky look on her face, and Nina just looked sorry for me. Fred on the other hand, was practically chuckling.

"Ran into a tree, what a dopey idiot" he said, trying to hold back a wave of hysterics. Then it all came back to me. I was day - dreaming as I was running the super challenge, and had run into a tree. Then I realised.

"Hang on, am I out of the competition. No no, please no, you all know how much this means to me!" I gradually panicked, the realisation reaching me. Before I could continue though, a broad smile and a small grin appeared on Lauren's and Nina's faces. 

"That's right Nial, you did pass, in ninth place actually. We knew how much this mean't for you, so me and Nina picked you up, and carried you the rest of the way" Laura explained. Now, usually, you would thank someone at this point, but they hadn't done any favours. Running into a tree fully concious was one thing, and this would create some banter in the next couple of weeks, but being carried along the finishing line by two girls who were both smaller than me would get me absolutely pounded.

"Oh God, I'm never going to hear the end of this am I!" I shouted as Fred burst out laughing with Laura, and Nina even chuckled for a few seconds. "I think I would have rather stayed there and died" I said, as they continued to laugh. "Its not funny!" 

"Yes, It most definitely is!" they all shouted in unison, and they continued to laugh.