Thunder was heard, as lightening shown in the sky; soon rain began falling.

"Come, Gimli, help me move Aragorn. Now! Hurry!" Haldir pushed the dwarf.

Gimli spared a look over at Legolas, and then his eyes settled on Haldir.

"Gimli, hurry up!"

Gimli held Aragorn legs, as Haldir held him on the other side; they walked through the forest...leaving Legolas alone as the rain pelted him without mercy.

Lying Aragorn down for a moment, Haldir turned to find shelter. He was back soon, and Gimli helped him to carry Aragorn the rest of the way, into a dry cave.

As Haldir lit a fire, Gimli pull Aragorn closer to it to warm the man, and tried to wake him once more.

Haldir scanned the cave, feeling that something was amiss.

"Gimli, where is Legolas?" he asked.

"Oh! I think we forgot him, alone in the rain...!" Gimli answered, and hurried outside.

Haldir followed after him, but suggested, "Stay with Aragorn, I will bring him."

Gimli nodded and re-entered the cave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haldir hurried, as the rain kept pouring; he feared for his friend, and wished in his heart that nothing would happen to him, although he still remembered the accusation in Gimli's words.

His eyes suddenly discovered Legolas' weapons as they lay there on the ground, yet no one, not even Legolas was there.

The only thing that he found was Legolas' tracks, showing that he had crawled away on the ground.

Haldir realized that Legolas couldn't face the fact that he had tried to kill his best friend.

"Aragorn and Gimli will forgive you, mellon-nin, it just a matter of time..." Haldir whispered, as he began to follow the track.

Wet blood appeared on the tracks; Haldir bent to touch it, as the rain continued hitting him. His mind filled with many ideas, his heart growing more worried for Legolas.

"Legolas?" Haldir called in fear.

Not a sign nor sound came as he continued calling, hoping to find a lead for his friend.

"Legolas?" he called again.

Haldir heard whimpering. He followed the noise, until he saw his friend's legs. He hurried over, fearing that something had happened.