17.

Rosemary

The restaurant was packed with Ikea-style furniture. It was simple, elegant and just perfect. The walls were plastered with polaroid snapshots, all happy faces and cute doodles on the white spaces underneath the image.

"Good evening, I am your waiter for tonight. What would you like to order?" The waiter started. "Our Today's pick is our spicy rice cake dish."

"I'd like that cake thing, you too Rose?" I nodded. "Well, that. And some Korean root tea?"

"Yes, please," I added, whilst playing with a geomatrical vase.

"Coming right up!" And off he went.

Lucas took my hands in his and smiled at me. "I am glad we are doing this, Rosemary."

"Me too. I am hungry." So much for having a decent conversation. It's probably their spicy rice cake.

"At least you tried." Lucas smirked.

Our food came pretty quickly and we immediately rejoiced from pleasure. The rice was crispy and it just had an amazing bite to it. We ordered our main dish: bibimbap. It was served in these bowls made out of stone, giving it an antique look. We added our own koch'ujang and had some more of that tea.

"Excuse me? Is it okay if we take a picture of you for our wall. You look so delighted, it'd make a great snapshot." The waiter interrupted, holding a polaroid camera.

"Sure?" Lucas responded, making sure I was okay with it too by giving me a sideway glance. I smiled and a second later there was a flash. The waiter showed the picture, it was one of Lucas and I leaning into eachoter, smiling. We thanked the waiter and soon dug in again.

"This is such a simple night. Eating Asian food, drinking Korean root tea and snacking away on crispy rice. You make me happy with the simplest things in life. Even the shitty hat you tried on today in Camden, it looked terrible on you," Lucas suddenly beamed, his cheeks puffy and eyes crinkly.

"Sure, sure whatever you say. You sure know how to flatter someone, Romeo." I sassed, chucking kimchi at him. He avoided it by seconds and started laughing. It was his signature, ear-piercing, knee-slapping laugh. More of a snort.

And in that moment I realized I liked him. A lot.

»

Lucas is my perfect, weird husband material. Comment and vote. Vote for Korean foods.