Chapter 45 • "Unfortunately."

Tilly's POV

"Are you okay?" Michael asks me when I stop dead in my tracks.

"Is this the old him?" I ask continuing to stare at Luke and whoever the girl was.

"Unfortunately." He replies.

We carry on shopping wishing I had never seen Luke making out with that girl. It broke my heart. I wanted to give him another chance if he said he had changed but now I really don't think I can.

Walking into another shop I see Luke and that girl holding hands but when he sees me and Michael he immediately lets go. This boy has been confusing from day one.

By now Michael had clothes to last him a whole yer let alone 3 months and so we decided to go back home. He dropped his stuff off at his house and insisted he was coming over tonight. He didn't want me to be left alone because of today. When we got into my house I sat down on the sofa replaying the scene in my head. Tears roll down my cheeks but soon it turns into cries and Michael comes to sit next to me.

"Why does it hurt so much?" I ask Michael leaning on his shoulder.

"Because love is a very strong thing." He says and it reminds me of the fact I could never tell Luke I loved him. I wanted to so badly but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'm not good enough for him.

My thoughts make me cry even more and then my head the begins to hurt.

"I think you should go to bed and we can do something fun tomorrow."

"Okay." I softly agree. "Goodnight Michael."

"Night Tilly." He replies and leaves.

It's only 7:30 but once I have had a shower and got my pyjamas on its 8 o'clock so I have an early night.

Michael's POV

Making my way to Luke's house I drive pretty fast and hope that he is at home. I knock on the door and Liz answers it telling me that Luke isn't back yet but I can wait in his room if it's important.

I sit on his bed waiting for him to come back and when I hear him coming through the front door I stand up and wait to confront him.

"Hey Mikey."

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"You and your little friend at the mall today. That's what. Do you know how bad that is hurting her?"

"Oh. I'm only trying to get over Tilly because she wasn't going to take me back. I'm hurt too she was everything to me and yet she didn't want to trust me."

"Trust is earned Luke and you're going the wrong way about it. She met someone new as well." I say and watch Luke's face drop. "But she didn't get off or do anything with him straight away because she has respect and feelings. I've been the one to pick up all the messes you've made."

Luke stayed silent and so I left him and went home.

Luke's POV

Fix the mess or leave it. Honestly I didn't want to do either. I would leave it a couple of days and then speak to Tilly but in the meantime I have to get rid of the clingy girl I keep hanging around with. I text her saying I was back with Tilly and she seemed to be fine about it, stupid slut. That seems harsh but it was very necessary if you knew her past. It was similar to mine except she had no excuse or reason.

**

The next morning I drove myself to the cabin so I could escape for a couple of days from the madness and pressure I was feeling. Relaxing watching films that I had not seen in so long was a good but lonely way to pass a rainy day by as it wasn't sunny one bit.