Chapter 51 • "Things got complicated."

Tilly's POV

We head back inside and find ourselves playing beer bong with a bunch of people from our school who I haven't met before. At the end Grace and I were drunk and very giggly sitting on the sofa texting Michael.

To Michael:

HEYYYYYYY MIKEY

WASS IP

*UP

I MISS YOU

MIKEY?

MICHAEL CLIFFORD ABSWER ME NOW.

I click off our messages and text the next person in my recent texts.

To Luke:

tell MIKEY to answer me pleaseeeeeee

"Don't you miss Luke?" Grace asks from beside me.

"Didn't I tell you? We broke up." I say.

"Whaaa. No. Why?"

By now my head had sobered up and I realised a little bit more of what I was doing.

"Things got complicated." I lie.

"Ohhhh." She says and drops it, not long after falling asleep and someone gives us permission to crash here for the night.

**

The next morning I wake up with a dull headache but not half as bad as Grace as she complains the whole walk home. Once we arrived back at my house I made some toast and we fell back asleep afterwards.

Luke's POV

With the new song written and thank god Michael wrote it with Calum. Not long after we finished and were practising Mark rings saying he has something important to tell us.

"Guyyyys. How's it going?" Mark says cheerfully which I was not feeling at the moment.

"Actually pretty good. We've wrote another song." Michael says.

"Good news. We can sort the set list out then and start rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing but I unfortunately I bring bad news. Since you guys are gaining fans quite quickly we can't possibly let you start out with a bad image and so we have to ask you to get rid of your girlfriends if any of you have one." The word stings like a knife and I get up immediately and leave. I was back to stage 1 and in the corner of the hallway with my head against the wall crying. Yes boys cry too.

"Luke." I hear Mark say. "I'm sorry. I had no idea."

"It's okay you weren't to know." I say.

"You can head back to the hotel if you want and the other boys can stay and practise." He says.

"Thanks Mark." I say and head out to call an uber.

As soon as I'm back I hear a silent ringing and I try to find where it is coming from but it stops and I can't find it. I sit down on the sofa and turn the TV on. Looking round after scrolling through non interesting channels I notice the hotel room was really messy. Four boys what can I say. I begin tidying to pass time and maybe that phone might ring soon.

Half an hour into my clean up the boys arrived.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"It was good. Not the same without you though." Ashton says. "Your voice adds so much to this band."

"I hope you're not being sarcastic Irwin." I say.

"I can't believe the whole you know girlfriend thing. I hate to mention it but why do you think he said that?" Michael asks.