Chapter 3

Chapter 3

James pulls out the Marauders map from within his trunk and begins searching worriedly for Sirius. He hasn't seen his friend for hours and after what happened in the Three Broomsticks he has been growing more and more anxious about him. Eventually he locates him at the top of the astronomy tower and approaches Remus who is sitting moodily in the corner of the common room with his muggle book open on his lap, the pages splattered with what look like tears.

"Remus," says James tentatively. "I saw what happened with you and Sirius today, and, I, ummm, well, he's at the top of the astronomy tower and I think that whatever happened between you two should be, well, you know..." James trails of and Remus grunts and looks back down at the book on his lap. Frustrated, James snatches the book and hits Remus on the head with it. "For god's sake Lupin!" he cries. "Get a hold of yourself! There is something between you and Sirius and if you think that I'm going to let this ruin your friendship, then you hardly know me at all. Now get off your ass and get up that tower right now before I hex you!" Surprised by this outburst Remus stands up and slowly backs out of the portrait hole, not for one second taking his weary eyes off James.

***

It's cold up there. Sirius feels the cold tears run down his cheeks and the icy wind that cuts through his thin Gryffindor jumper. His breath is forming in frosty clouds before his eyes that dissolve as quickly as they appear. He hears footsteps and turns around to see Remus standing there, wide-eyed and freezing. This triggers more tears and he buries his face in his scarf, not caring that he has been found crying. Remus takes a deep breath and walks to where Sirius is curled up on the floor. He carefully puts his arm around Sirius's shoulder, almost regretting it when Sirius stiffens, but he makes no attempt to remove it. Remus opens his mouth to say something but Sirius gets there first. "It's crazy," he says, voice hoarse from the sobbing, "That you can love someone like this. You can be their best friend, date other people but at the end of the day your heart will always belong to them. You sit there, silently suffering because you can't be with them. Your heart aches so much, causes you physical pain because you love them so much, but they are so, just, so blind to your feelings. They continue in their own little life and don't even give you a second glance. It's infuriating. It's crazy."

He turns and faces Remus, drinking in every detail of his patchwork face. The scars and grazes from all the nights spent running round as the forest, each one the souvenir of a careless night of being animals. They are something Remus hates but Sirius loves everything about them. They make him Remus. "I was lying when I said I liked you. I love you. I love you so fucking much, Remus Lupin. If I go one more day that I can't call you mine I might explode."                

Remus struggles to find the words to say. How do you react when your best friend tells you he loves you? But, he is spared from answering, as Sirius grabs his cups his hand around Remus's face and pulls it towards his own. And they kiss, gentle and sweet, yet full of a need and a longing that tells them both how much they love each other. 

"Holy shit," thinks Remus. "I love Sirius."

**********

*********

********

*******

******

*****

****

***

**

*

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Wolfstar ship has sailed...

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. One more thing I would like to add: I am not prejudiced against Slytherins, so any negative stereotypes or comments are not my real opinion, only the opinions of the characters.

Happy Valentines Day btw. I don't have a valentine.

Anyway, don't forget to comment, vote and share if you like it!