Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As promised, James meets Lily outside the castle at ten o'clock.                                                                   "Morning Evans," he says pleasantly, offering his arm.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Potter," she replies taking his arm and the pair set off towards the Three Broomsticks.

"Shit," says Lily quietly as she catches sight of her giggling friends.                                                      "Language, Evans," says James with a laugh but then adds, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just my friends won't leave me alone." James looks around and rolls his eyes.                 "Come on," he says and the two grab their drinks, head to a table and strike up an easy conversation.

***

"Do it Black, you pansy." Sirius picks up a snowball and shoves it in Peter's face. Peter whacks him back, but then takes on a more serious                                                                                                        

"Come on Sirius, he's never going to notice you that way if you don't tell him how you feel! Besides, you're just asking him for a drink." Sirius sighs. 

"Peter, he's one of my best friends. If I ask him for a drink, he's going to assume it's friendly and come with me without question. What would you do if I asked you for a drink? You would accept because you're my friend." 

Peter considers this for a moment, then says, "Just take him for a drink and tell him you need to talk. Tell him how you feel."

Sirius puts his head in hands, mumbles something about how this is a terrible idea and wanders over to where Remus is standing.

***

5 minutes later they are sitting at a table in the Three Broomsticks, Remus staring expectantly at Sirius.                                                                                                                                                                                         "You said you needed to talk to me," he says. God he's cute when he's serious. Sirius takes a deep breath and searches for the right words to say.  

"I really like you Remus," he begins, wondering how he ever let Peter and James convince him to do this. "I really like you and apparently everyone can tell apart from you." Remus stares quizzically. 

 "I like you too...?" He begins, but Sirius cuts him off, groaning in frustration and at his friend's dimness.                                                                                                                                                                               "Remus, when I say I like you, I mean I like, like you." Sirius is flustered and tripping over his words. "I like you more than you imagine and I think I might even love you a bit." Sirius looks up at Remus and sees an expression of shock on his face.                                                                                                                      

"You-you, you love me?" Whispers Remus, the shock still painted on his face. "Sirius, I, you, you never said, how can you-"                                                                                                                                               "Forget it," mumbles Sirius and runs out the bar.

James catches his eye on the way out, but Sirius just shakes his head and keeps running. James turns to Lily and sees a worried but confused expression on her face.                                                                 

"There's something I should tell you about Sirius," he says quietly.

***

James is thrilled about his day with Lily. He is so in love with her, it's insane. He never thought she would agree to go spend the day with him, least of all plan to go again next week, but she has and James is over the moon. He was worried that he was always coming off as creepy, arrogant and annoying but he can't help but get the feeling that Lily is beginning to like him back. But now his main problem is with Sirius. He and Peter had convinced Sirius to tell Remus about his feelings, but when he saw his best friend's heartbroken face today, it all seemed like a mistake. He can't bear the thought of the two of them being unhappy because of each other, so he decides there and then, that Remus Lupin will fix that broken heart whether he likes or not.

********

*******

******

*****

****

***

**

*

A/N-PLEASE READ!!

Thank you all for reading! I didn't want to put an authors note in the previous chapters because of dramatic effect and stuff, so here is what I wanted to say!

-This book is set in 6th year. Before anyone starts commenting about it, I am aware that James and Lily don't start dating until 7th.

-Any other inconsistencies or differences with the books are most likely intentional, like James being a prefect.

-The spacing and paragraphing on this spazzed out so I'm really annoyed, but hopefully it is still readable.

And that's it! Please vote and share I you like it.

See ya!