24. A calm before the storm

Saturday 19th of September, 2015

"Stop!" I squealed as I covered my eyes.

The car sped its pace up and I was so sure that this was how I was going to end my life.

"Is my life just a big fat joke to you? Justin, slow down!" I yelled in shock.

He was just laughing there and pressing the gas pedal even more. I could see that he was enjoying this and seeing me scared for life.

We had decided to take his sports car for a drive but I did not expect this.

In a distance I could see a car coming at our direction on the left lane.

"Justin, there's a car." I glanced at him, hoping I would catch his attention.

But he just kept going and the car was getting closer.

"Slow down!" I squealed and suddenly the car jolted a little and the pace slowed down.

I sighed in relief and the car passed us like a lightning. I leaned back against my seat and closed my eyes. I thought I was going to die.

"You should've seen your face." Justin chuckled as he kept driving normally.

I glared at him.

"Pull over, I need some fresh air." I breathed.

Chuckling he pulled over to the side. There was just fields where ever I looked. Beautiful North Carolina. I pushed the door open and stepped out.

"Ahh, fresh air. I thought I was gonna lose you." I spread my arms, taking it all in.

"You're so fearful. Loosen up a little." Justin suggested as he stood next to the car, leaning his elbows on the roof.

"Well excuse me. I wasn't born to be a rally driver." I held my chest, playing offended.

He laughed and shook his head. The cold breeze played with my hair, blowing it to my face. I ran my fingers through my hair and put it into a messy bun. I looked around the fields. They were yellow and brown yet so beautiful. Occasionally a car would drive past us but other than that, there was nobody around. I turned to look at Justin and he was looking around too. He had a navy blue long sleeved shirt with light distressed jeans. His hair was free and moving around with the wind. He was so... I don't know, beautiful. Usually I didn't say that about a guy but he was. His face was so perfect. There was absolutely no flaws. His whole presence was perfect and I didn't know if that was even possible. I sighed and smiled to myself.

I never expected that I would be in a situation like this. Ever since Justin showed me his studio, I felt like there was no secrets between us. I trusted him very much and I hope he trusted me that much also.

"It's so quiet in here." Justin spoke up.

"I know." I breathed.

"I wanna build a house in the middle of that field. Think about how awesome that would be." he pointed at the field that was behind me.

"Think about how awesome would it be if you were here, next to me." I teased, playing innocent.

He smiled a toothless smile as he threw the car door shut. He took long strides to me until he was standing next to me.

The sun was starting to go down since it was 5pm. We watched the landscape in a complete silence, the wind playing around us. I stuffed my hands in my winter parka's pockets and put my weight on my left leg. That moment was so perfect. Only sound that we heard were the birds chirping. The sky was lilac and the sun was right in front of us. Suddenly I heard this subdued growl. I looked up at Justin, wondering what the hell was that sound. I saw him trying to hide his smile but failed as he burst out laughing.