47: It's a no pants day

Magsimula sa umpisa

Going back inside, I saw Nathan had his bandages off and was observing his stitches with great interest.

"Nathan," I said flatly.

He looked up at me, "What?"

"You weren't supposed to take those off," I chuckled and pulled out the frying pan.

"Well it itches," he whined, struggling to not scratch.

I huffed and threw the elk meat in the pan. Sifting through the medical supplies, I grabbed the pain relieving ointment.

"Itching means it's healing Nate," I smiled and straddled his lap.

He put his hands on my hips as I dabbed on the medicine, "Yeah but the stuff makes it worse."

"No, it keeps it protected. You are not getting an infection," I insisted, gently rubbing in the oily ointment.

"I don't want it though," he grumbled childishly.

"Fine, I'll keep it minimal. But you can't take off the gauze," I met his gaze and waited for an answer.

He sighed but smile at me, "Okay fine."

I smiled at our compromise and bandaged him up with minimal supplies. Something wet poked my arm and I turned to see Baine nudging me with his nose quietly, looking at me with big golden eyes.

"Oh Baine I'm sorry...Nathan I have to feed him," I bit my lip.

He shifted under me and thought about it, "Can't he just eat some leftovers?"

"We don't have enough leftovers for a full grown wolf. I need to go to the warren for him. I'll be right back okay?" I said and started to get up.

Nathan caught my wrist and pulled me back down quickly. I was about to say something but he pressed his lips to mine and kissed me passionately. I smiled against his lips before pulling away and staggering to the door,  "I'll be fine."

Throwing on some leggings, with a small complaint from Nathan, I tossed the bow over my shoulder and gathered my stuff to go. Nathan insisted I take my pistol and to make him happy, I stuck it in the back of my leggings with a smirk.

I've never been to the traps and back so fast. I didn't even skin the rabbits as I tossed them to Baine. As quick as I put them on, the pants came off and Nathan was yet again happy.

We sat around for the day and just rested. I happened to learn it got warmer in the afternoon, warm enough to take a shower. I was beyond happy as I stripped down and jumped into the water.

It washed away the grime of winter and I finally felt fully clean. Nathan was totally fine with me hopping into the river for a quick dip but he never got to see past my bra and underwear.

-------

Nathan was healing surprisingly well and fast. It had only been about a week or....maybe more, I'm not sure, and already I think his stitches are nearly ready to come out.

"Ready?" I asked, scissors and pliers in hand.

"I guess," Nathan said warily and pulled his shirt off carefully.