"Tomorrow we can have a Disney movie marathon in the comfort of our own home." I hug her to hopefully relax her a little, and it worked.

"You called it 'our home'. The Miami life is starting to grow on you, isn't it?" I squeezes me.

"Maybe a little." I giggle.

Meanwhile, Zabdiel is still sitting there, eyes wide as though he'd never see the day where Claire De Jesús would get asked to go on a date. To be fair, I never thought I'd see this happen either.

Flackback over

As I bring myself back to the present, I wrap a towel around my body and another in my hair. I walk out of my bathroom and into my room, towards my closet. Another great thing about this house, my closet is huge. Miami really isn't that bad.

Erick said casual. I think for a second and go straight for an oversized maroon sweater with black skinny jeans and white converse, which are kind of my trademark. I pair my outfit with a watch a purse.

After I got dressed, I go back to my bathroom and get started on my makeup.

Keeping in mind that he said casual, I keep my makeup relatively basic. Concealer, powder, mascara, and lip balm. I fill in my eyebrows then I'm done. For my hair, I leave it natural, which is straight and the bottom curls a bit.

I go back to my room, and stop in front of the mirror. I look at myself and I'm nervous again. I don't really know what to expect, I've never been on a date before and it's taking everything in me not to just put on sweats, jump into bed and watch Netflix.

Bursting my bubble is the sound of the doorbell. My heart drops, knowing exactly who that is.

I run down the stairs, almost tripping a few times and grab a hold of the doorknob. I take a deep breath and open the door, revealing a casually dressed Erick. He is wearing medium wash jeans, a white shirt with some blueish accents and a grey jacket, which somehow made his jade green eyes stand out even more.

"Hey," I say leaning on the door. It really doesn't get more awkward than me.

"Hey mami." He whispers as he notices my mom walk towards us.

"Hello Ms. De Jesús, I'm Erick." He stretches his hand out to shake my mother's. She takes it and smiles.

"It's Ms. Reyes, but you can Sofia." Her mood sort of changes from happy to quiet.

She hates being called Ms., its too formal but it's not that, De Jesús is my father's last name, and she doesn't like being associated with him.

"Perdóname." He says.

"No te preocupes." She smiles sweetly, which is surprising considering her earlier reaction to this date thing.

"Okay, well thank you for giving me the opportunity to take your daughter out, what time would you like her home by?" Erick politely asks. That was unexpected..

"I've never thought about having to set a curfew for my kids.. uhm, is 9 good?" She suggests.

"Of course." Erick smiles a charming smile, another first.

"Okay, nos vemos pronto mamá." I wave as I close the door behind me.

We walk to Erick's car and he opens my door for me and closes it. I smile at the small gesture. What has gotten into me, I can't let him think it's easy to get me, because it isn't.