Chapter 21

Claire's POV

Monday morning.

I struggle to get up from my the warmth of my bed. I finally manage and check the weather.

I make my way to my dresser and my eyes meet the box of beautiful roses.

The familiar pang of sadness hits me as I remember who got them for me and why.

I sigh and continue rummaging through my clothes.

As I walk to school, I think of every possible scenario that could go down with Erick and none of them end with happiness in my book.

I arrive at school and grab my books from my locker. Just as I reach Math, this ogre of a girl winks at me, grinning from ear to ear as though we were best friends. I clench my fists and instead of walking by I stop in front of her.
"Valerie, you better have a damn good reason for doing what you did. Actually, there isn't an excuse. Maybe you're just envious of what I have." I look at her dead in the eye.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything." She answers in a stupid clueless girl way, innocently running her hand through her hair while faking a confused look.

If looks could kill, she'd be way passed dead.
I walk to my first period, avoiding Erick's group of friends because I don't want to see or hear him.

I get to math, and my teacher goes through the attendance list quietly after the bell goes off.

"Has anyone seen Erick this morning?" She scans the class and waits for an answer.

The class remains silent and my heart sinks.

Olivia had told me that Yoandri said I was changing Erick, in a good way.

He's been skipping classes, and now none of his friends know where he is. As much as I feel angry and hurt when I think of him, I can't push away the worry.

What if he's hurt?

I try to dismiss the possibility. After all, I'm not supposed to care.

"Can I go to the washroom please?" I ask after the attendance is taken.

She nods and I leave quickly.

I walk to the washroom and stare at myself in the large mirror. Without permission, a tear falls onto my cheek, rolling down. Before another one falls, I pull myself together.

Everything is fine, quit being so dramatic.

~gee thanks conscience, so reassuring~

I walk out, wiping my tear and I see someone standing by the washrooms.

He turns and it's him.
The mysterious brown eyed boy.

Our eyes lock for a moment and he breaks the silence.

"You left kind of abruptly from math, thought maybe you could use someone to talk to.." His voice is low and his eyes are fixed on a floor tile.

"I'm okay. I think.." and here come the tears.

He takes a hesitant step towards me and without thinking I throw my arms around him, sobbing. He tenses up, but slowly puts his arms around me.

"It's okay, I'm here." He mumbles quietly.

After I calmed down, I remember I still have no sea who this guy is. My emotions got the best of me and I overlooked it.

"What's your name? I just soaked your shirt with my tears I think I deserve to know if I want to make it up to you." I chuckle.

"It's Dylan." He smiles shyly.

"And how do you know me exactly?" I raise an eyebrow

"You're the captain of the volleyball team. you're new and you're different, you stand out from normal girls. I mean, i-in a good way, I'm not saying you're weird or anything I just-" He brings his hand to the back of his neck and avoids eye contact.

I stifle a laugh by biting my lip.

"Well, Dylan, we should probably get back to class, don't want to miss any interesting equations and things." I fake enthusiasm and he laughs wholeheartedly.

Finally, someone who appreciates my sarcasm.

*****
The next few days fly by. Dylan and I started hanging out after school and at lunch sometimes. He's been a good friend. Even though I just met him, it feels as though I've known him for so much longer, everything kind of just vibes with him

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
a/n okay guys, I know I said I'd be updating starting on the 28th but I've been busy working with my family friends in a churro truck😎😎

It's been super fun though and I met some really attractive boys, 2 were Spanish and one had EYES LIKE ERICK'S I'M NOT KIDDING.

Anyways, please don't hate me for using Dylan in my story, I just didn't want it to be Joel or Johann porque everyone uses them so I thought It'd be different in a good way to mix it up a little! Sorry if it sucked.

Can we get this to 20 votes by this afternoon I'll do a 2nd update today😏

-Claire xx