One

All I feel is pain. Inside and outside of my body are consumed in pain. For a moment I can't tell if I am actually alive or in a state of nothing. Until everything slowly starts coming back to me. I feel the breeze lightly run across my skin and I hear birds chirping. 

My eyes stay closed and I can't find the energy to open them. Then I see his face, laying on the ground as the dropship door shuts. I quickly inhale and my eyes snap open. I move to stand on my feet, but wind up falling onto my back. The pain eluding from my thigh and chest comes as a surprise. I look down at my leg and see the arrow still residing in my flesh. 

I take short and shallow breathes as the pain in my chest is too strong to do anything else. I groan loudly as I force myself up. I climb to my knees before using the wall of the gate to pull myself up. I ignore the tears building up in my eyes as I continue to walk to the opening of the fence. I stop and stare at the unbelievable sight in front of me. 

The entire ground, and all the burnt corpse it includes, are colored black. I feel my breathing falter again and I have to catch myself as my legs start to give in. I stumble back out of the gate and try not to look at the graveyard of the only people I have cared about in a long time.

I look down and see a small sword sticking out of a partially burned corpse. I cautiously bend down and rip a strip of cloth away from their shirt and tie it around my thigh. I try to ignore the stabbing pain my lower chest as I pull out the blade and grip it tight. I look forward at the forest in front of me and realize something incredibly terrifying. 

Now, I truly have no home. I always wanted to be alone, but now that I am I just wish I could have one person here with me. 

I lock down my emotions and start on my long trek to no where.