It's a Cinderella

Comincia dall'inizio

"Me too," Elena said quietly. "I...I hope we can become good friends."

It was great that she'd managed to find a good friend already. She didn't want to be friendless her first day in high school, and now she was happy to have found that she'd easily made a friend so soon after entering her new school.

"I think we will be," Rosemarie definitely thought so. "Hey, let's look at our schedules together! Hopefully we have some classes together."

Coincidentally, it shocked but pleased Rosemarie immensely to find that she and Elena had every single class together. It didn't bother her a bit, because at least it gave her and Elena a chance to bond and become closer friends.

She did, however, missed the pained look Elena gained whenever Rosemarie brought up her brother, who she had immediately brought up and talked about to her new friend. Percy was very important to her after all, and she wanted to share him with whoever and whenever she could.

She did wonder if it was normal to miss someone she had never met before though, but she had never asked this of anyone.

Rosemarie had always been afraid of the answer.

~*~*~

The now twenty seven year old business man, once the Percy Jackson that could have been the very brother a teenaged girl was wistful about, was now currently shifting through papers in his office. He'd gained a headache sometime through reading through the first paper, and was close to declaring a break.

"Percival Jackson," a demanding female voice said irritably as she stormed into his office. "You had better put those papers down! You promised to take me out to lunch today."

Percy smiled slightly, giving his best friend a stern look however. "Luc, you know this important. I've got to make sure to close this deal if we want to get the Fergusons on board."

Lucille Castellan, looking like a blonde bombshell in her eye-catching red dress and black pumps, was not going to take no for an answer.

"Lunch. Now," she demanded haughtily, looking down her nose at him.

He sighed, but begrudgingly set down the papers. "I swear Hermes has spoiled you."

"Well you know Father," Lucille said slyly. "Only the best for his daughter."

Percy rolled his eyes, getting up from his desk and heading over to her. "Something quick and easy, or something to savor?"

Lucille looked mischievous. "Now, now, don't be so dirty, Percy."

"That wasn't an innuendo," Percy said dryly. "So?"

"I'm up for some burgers," Lucille admitted. "I really can't care to curb my appetite and eat like I'm on a diet right now."

"You never eat like you're on a diet," he offered his arm to her, to which she wrapped her slender hand around the crook of his elbow.

"I don't need one," she hmphed. "I hope you're paying."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Well, they never said their relationship was normal.

At a local burger joint, they sat at a booth and ate their burgers, aware their attire was strange in that place. However, that wasn't really in their minds at the moment anyway. They were discussing serious matters, but at least it wasn't business. Instead, it was more personal.

"Your mother is pressing you for marriage, isn't she?"

Percy frowned. "She is. I just...don't feel like I'm ready for it."