Chapter Two

That next I went shopping, I didn't even tell my dad I was leaving. After leaving a brief note fro him on the counter I left for the mall. I had a ton of money saved up and I was determined to change. No one would give me looks of pity. No one would give me sorry looks. No one would see me as the girl that lost her mom. No, I would be strong. I would not cry, I was reinventing myself and I would never go back to the old me.

I rode the local bus to the mall. On the bus a man sat down next to me and tried to put his hand on my upper thigh. I elbowed him in his gut before moving seats.

When I arrived at the mall I quickly grabbed a sandwich from my favorite fast food place, Subway, before walking straight to my favorite store, Forever 21. I spent almost half my money there buying dresses, skirts, blouses, scarfs, shoes, sandals, undergarments; but I didn't get too many pairs because I was planning on stopping by Victoria's Secret on my way out.  I spent the rest of it going in and out of other stores.

Clair's, Aeropostale, and lastly, Victoria's Secret. I got clothes I never saw myself getting in a million years. My new wardrobe consisted of the latest fashions, I would never be out of style. From Clair's I got more scarfs and a ton of jewelry. From Aeropostile I cute jackets and pull-overs. I spent the rest of my money at Victoria's Secret; buying all kinds of lingerie. Come freshman year I was going to be somebody, a popular, be in the 'it' crowd. I would never go back, never.