Chapter One

After my mom died I slowly slipped into depression. I locked myself in my room and limited my contact with the outside world. Of course my friends wanted to know the reason behind my sudden mood change, but I didn't say anything.
I was glad when school was finally out for the summer. The past couple of weeks my friends kept trying to lift my spirits. It didn't work. They wanted to know the cause of my depression, I said nothing. After a while all my friends gave up, except for Samantha. She was always by my side trying to cheer me up. She tried to make me laugh, took me to movies, left me little, corny encouragement notes, she just wouldn't give up. And one day I snapped.
We were at her house. I want even sure why I agreed to hang out with her, but I did. She talked about a movie, or something. I want really paying attention. She inserted the movie into the TV and hit play. The movie was my weakness, the cause of my downfalls, the thing that made all the feelings come out. The Last Song.
About half way through the movie was when I snapped. I let it all out. Of course Sam was at my side holding me in her arms. I didn't mean for what happened next to happen, it just did.
I let out a long scream into a pillow and climbed out of Sam's hold. She had a puzzled expression on her face. Then the words came spilling out.
"STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME SMILE EVERY WAKING MINUTE. I AM TRIED OF PEOPLE TRYING TO WORM THERE WAY INTO MY LIFE JUST BECAUSE MY MOM DIED." I heard her gasp. I hadn't told her my mom had died. I left after my outburst, as I walked out of her room she still had a shocked expression on her face. I ran out of her house, and to the park where we used to play when we were little.
I say on the setting for what seemed like forever. It started to get dark so I got up from the saying and started walking home.
It was a long walk. I knew my dad would probably be worried about me by now, but I didn't care. I Evan turned my phone off so I didn't have to hear it ring every couple of seconds.
When I got home I didn't want to have to face my dad, so I climbed the tree by my window, slipping into my room, and feel asleep on my comfy bed. As I drifted I knew that I would have to face the fact that Samantha had probably told everyone who cares about me, at school people, why I was so depressed. I was not looking forward to it.