Chapter 14

Minor swearing warning for this chapter. You guys, as mature people, probs won't even notice but I thought I should add this anyway. I'm a real fluffy writer okay don't eat me

Your POV

"(Y/N)? (Y/N). Wake up. You won't have a good reputation with the community if you keep falling asleep in public places..."

"Gnugh?" You grunted, and heard two people stifle laughter. Shaking your head like a wet dog would, you stretched and opened your eyes. In front of you was three blurry people. You rubbed your eyes, trying to clear your vision. The people had features now. Unsurprisingly, it was the Hamadas'. Cassandra was smiling at you, while Tadashi and Hiro were smothering grins behind her.

Frowning, you got out your phone. Turning on the front camera, you were greeted with the usual four chins, but their was extra today. Your (H/C) hair was knotted and messy, and there was slobber down the side of your face. In the camera you could see yourself turning red with embarrassment. Seeing this made you go even redder, and made the brothers snort even harder.

"How did you guys find me?" You ask, feeling stupid but determined not to show it. Folding your arms, you waited for someone to give you an answer. However, they all looked nervous; Cassandra was looking down and chuckling, Hiro was scratching the back of his head and Tadashi refused to meet your eyes. "Well?" You continued. "This wasn't just luck, was it?"

Tadashi spoke up this time, looking embarrassed. "Well, apart from the fact that you're a ten minute walk away from our place-" God, your face was burning- "Hikari saw you run off. She didn't want to come after you herself. Said she felt bad about making you feel like that and would love to get to know you better. Did you really throw a tantrum and take off? Because as nice as Hikari made it sound, that was definitely what it was made to sound like."

You face palmed internally. Of course you had run off, screaming like a toddler, hadn't you? Thinking back, your actions were kind of irrational, but that didn't mean you wanted to take them back. You had reasons. Listening to what Tadashi had said, however, made you feel genuinely sorry about what Hikari had felt like after you has said that. She must of felt so cut off, considering all her relations from before had been cut off. You decided to try harder; Hikari seemed like a really nice person, and you didn't want to ruin that kind of relationship.

Smiling awkwardly at Tadashi, you replied, "Yeah... That's probably exactly what it was, actually. And I think I'll try harder. I do want to get to know her. I mean, Mum and Dad knew her... And liked her. Wait, how do you know her name is Hikari?" You had forgotten for a minute that she was posing as your Aunt Beth, however different you two many look. Thinking about it, she looked an awful lot like Ally...

"When a person is crying, they reveal a lot of things." You had forgotten Hiro was even there. He had been surprisingly un-Hiro for the last couple of minutes. He was just sitting there quietly, almost hiding in his own thoughts. Now he seemed awaken, smiling at you with an almost.... evil glint in his eye. "Anyway, I have a meeting to go to in 45 minutes and I need to take the train. Can we drop (Y/N) off and go?"

"Right!" Cass perked up. "We'd better get you to Hikari's."

---

"Nice place don't you think?" Tadashi asked as he opened the door for you and Cass to go through. Hiro had decided that you were taking too long and walked to the train station. It was weird being with Cass and Tadashi without him; he was the reason they had met, after all. Soon after though, the awkwardness had gone, and the three of you were chatting like you had known each other for years.

Now you were at Hikari's, and to be honest, you were feeling kinda sheepish. You were really mean to Hikari. Now, you were simply staring down the hallway at her gray carpeting, wondering what to say when you saw her face. You felt a hand rest on your shoulder. It was Cass. Rubbing your shoulder gently, she shoved you forward.

"You'll be fine," she said reassuringly. "I'm sure she'll forgive you. She's a nice person. And so are you. So go in, apologise, and make it up. You'll be fine." Then you were nodding, and walking in through the door, and along the hallway. Tadashi guided you through to the kitchen, where Hikari was behind the bench, preparing a bowl of cat food. A fat, ginger cat sat watching her intently.

This brought you a smile. Tom, your own pet, who you had owned since forever, was here, in your new town.

Hikari looked up. "(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're here! I thought that maybe-" You cut her off by throwing her into a big hug. Your throat caught. You squeezed her tight, trying to tell her without words that you were sorry, so sorry, and you appreciated what she had done for you so far. But you could tell she was just surprised so far, so you choked some words out.

"Thank you, Hikari. For driving me into central San Fransokyo when I needed to go. For supporting me through the deaths of my parents. For getting my cat. But most of all, for being there for me. I'm sorry I was such a shit to you when you were just trying to help. I do want to stay with you. Even with your losses you are one of the most caring people I've met. I'm so sorry for how I acted."

There was a couple of awkward seconds of silence. Then Hikari squeezed you and let you go, before turning to the Hamadas', who were standing awkwardly in the doorway. "Tadashi, you had something you wanted to say?"

"Uh..." He replied. "Yeah. Your cat has just eaten the whole can of food, and is now scratching at the door. You might wanna do something about that."