Chapter 9

Hiro POV (Surprise!)

I lounged on the couch, a leg over the arm, watching our TV. Aunt Cass had long given up her 24-hour horror marathons, so I had taken to watching the news. It was actually quite helpful. It showed which bot fights had been found, and things about Tadashi's nerd school. I had actually seen Tadashi on there once, after he had won his way into SFIT. he was so embarrassed, and I bugged him about it for ages afterwards.

Aunt Cass came and sat next to me, and my head rested against her shoulder. She flicked off the TV, and for a while, we sat there in silence, Aunt Cass seemingly not knowing what to say. She cleared her throat, and I faced her. Her eyes bored into mine, and suddenly, I knew whatever she said next, would be important. Then Aunt Cass started talking, and I got the shock of my life.

"A wanted bot fighter has sworn revenge on you Hiro. The police want you at the station now."

---

The car ride to the police station was silent. Aunt Cass drove, Tadashi rode shotgun, and I was in the back seat. I knew we could of walked to the station, but whenever Cass was tense, she drove. I think we drove about 15 minutes in the opposite direction before turning around and heading towards the police station. Tadashi kept throwing back worried glances at me, and it wasn't that that got me worried; Tadashi was always worried. It was that I could see my aunt in the reversing mirror, and she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

She had composed herself by the time we walked through the doors to the police station. A fat man sat at the desk, his police hat half-falling off his balding head. His police uniform had a beetroot stain on the front, and donut icing on the sleeve. He asked us where we were heading, and Aunt Cass introduced herself, then Tadashi, and last of all me. At hearing my name, the man ushered us through a door next to his desk, and I got a glimpse of his name tag. Officer Bagwell.

Through the door was a big room, probably used for press conferences usually, although now it was only holding a single table. And sitting around that table was none other than (Y/N).

---

Your POV

~Yesterday~

You started off the couch and raced down the stairs, hoping to catch your mum and dad before they left for Central San Fransokyo. Being you though, you didn't manage to catch them and your Aunt Beth was just walking back in through the door. She smiled at you.

"You right sugar?" She asked sweetly.

"Um... I'm not really sure how to say this, but...." You were scrambling for words. "Myfriendisabouttoberevengedonbyabigbadfatbotfighter?" You were not sure how, but Aunt Beth got all of that. She nodded quickly.

"Alright sugar, meet me out the front. I'll go get the car." Aunt Beth pursed her lips, muttered something and strode quickly out of the entryway. You quickly ran up to get your bag (luckily you hadn't unpacked) and ran out onto the driveway. Aunt Beth was parked out the front in her silver Mercedes. You threw your (F/C) duffel bag onto the back seat and slid into the passenger seat. Beth's face was stony.

"So, Aunt Beth...." You said awkwardly.

She threw you a kind gaze. "Oh, darl, sorry to tell you this, but I'm not your aunt. I'm hired by your mother and father as part of a protection agency. You should call me Hikari  Tomago (ひかろ とまご). Didn't you know?" You didn't know what to tell her. No, my parents never told me my aunt was actually a secret bodyguard? Instead you just stayed quiet. And that was how it was until you reached the San Fransokyo Police department.

The man at the desk greeted you, and your aunt - uh, Hikari - smiled at him, then became serious and went into what their problem was. He nodded, and then showed you to a side room, through a door next to his desk. Inside was an empty room, by the looks of it, a conference room. From another door he pulled a table, and 6 chairs to sit around it. You sat down in a chair and turned to thank the man.

"Thank you - uh...." You look for his name tag. "Officer Bagwell."

He grinned at you in reply. "No probs, kid." You wondered what was with everyone and giving you nicknames today. You shrugged. It was probably just today. Bagwell walked out, and you heard him spit out a greeting to someone, the cluck of a shutting door. Then it was just you and Hikari.

"Okay," you turned to your 'aunt'. "Hikari, if that is your name, I would like answers. Now."

She sighed. "Fine. But it will be a long story."

"Oh, I think I'll be able to sit through it."