Chapter Ten: Mission Aborted? {Valentine Special I guess?}

You woke up, still a bit drowsy, the pain in your newly healed wounds wasn't completely gone.

Getting up, you walked to your washroom and brushed your teeth, took a quick shower and changed your clothes into another one of those pretty dresses Ferid bought you. (Dress number 1 in media above).

You sighed again and dat down on your bed, noticing a stack of books had been placed on your bedside table.

'Probably something Ferid added to keep me from dying of boredom' you thought, taking a book called (F/B). Almost immediately, you found yourself getting into the story line, screaming when the chapter you just finished left at a cliffhanger.

"One more chapter." You thought to yourself, not wanting to finish the book all in one day. Right then, you heard a knock on the door.

"It's me." Ferid's voice rang.

He opened the door, inviting himself in.

"Enjoying the books (Y/N)?" He smirks.

"Yeah, I especially like this one." You say, your face heating up again at the sight of Ferid's face.

'What is wrong with me?!' You thought angrily, 'This is the man I hate, the man I've always planned to kill...yet...why do I find myself flushed around him, stuttering and blurry eyed?!'

"Well (Y/N), I'm going on a little excursion tomorrow, so I won't be back until next week or so." He says, cutting off your train of thought.

"I'll let you know when I leave before I leave okay?" He says, making his way out of your room.

You nod.

"Good girl." He chuckles, patting your head, then leaving you alone, deep in thought.

'WHY?! WHY AM I SO FLUSTERED?!'
Your brain screamed, utterly confused.

You reach your hands to touch your blushing mess of a face, the heat radiating off of you could cook an omelette if you tried.

You remembered the way he pats your head, how, despite killing your family, showed you affection and healed you many times, the way he stopped drinking your blood you after you had told him to stop, how he even made breakfast for you and most of all, how he'd saved your life.

'It's been my life's mission to kill him, yet...I can't bring myself to even think of doing such a thing anymore! What happened to my drive, what happened to my revenge, my life's very reason of existence?!?!?!' You thought, fisting your hands in fury and shutting your eyes.

"You love him." You heard a voice say. Opening your eyes, you saw Honoka, your demon weapon, it's long, straight red hair flowing in some imaginary breeze.

"No way." You say, trying to deny the fact that was slowly starting to make sense.

"You are. Stop denying it." Honoka said firmly, right before it disappeared again.

"No." You whispered, "It's impossible." Your voice cracked.

Anything but this.

You crawled into your bed slowly, shutting your eyes and crying yourself to sleep, repeating the words no way over and over again, until sleep hit you, taking a little nap.

~Time skip to tomorrow~

You got up, remembering what Honoka told you.

"No." You say bluntly, brushing your teeth.

"No." You say after you brushed your teeth, looking into the mirror. You got changed into another dress (dress also in media labeled #2.)