Chapter One: The Past Can Haunt

Your P.O.V throughout the whole story.
Meaning I will use "You" and stuff.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••It is cold. So very cold.

It was winter and your heater had stopped working.

"Oh my god what the hell is with this weather?!?!?!" you screamed, hitting the heater thermostat.

"Oi! (Y/N)! Keep the noise down!" you heard someone yell. Looking outside my bedroom door, you saw Shinoa rubbing her ears, and Mitsuba with an angry expression.

"Sorry~!" you replied, rushing back into your room, hitting the heater thermostat again and again.

"What are you doing?"

You heard more voices, this time, it was Yuu.

"The heater stopped working!" you exploded.

Yuu rubbed his arms.

"Yeah, I can sort of tell." Yuu shivered.

Before you knew it, the whole Shinoa squad was in your room, making themselves at home.

"Damn, it is cold in here." Kimizuki stated.

"Yeah, I know right." Yoichi exclaimed.

"Then get out!" you yelled, opening the front door.

They always do this, going in your privacy.

"Why~?" Shinoa asked, hugging you from behind, "Are you keeping something dirty in those drawers?" Shinoa grinned.

"No and shut up." you bluntly replied, pushing her face away with your hand.

Then, Shinoa ran to your dresser, opening the top drawer.

"Oh? What's this?" She grinned, reaching out towards a face down photograph.

Immediately, you reacted.

Dragging everyone by the collar, you threw them out of the room and locked the door.

Sighing, you turned on the portable heater Yoichi had just lent you.

You reached towards the dresser, your fingertips lightly touching the photograph.

Picking the photo up and taking a look at it, you felt tears try to push their way out.

It was your family, happy and smiling, until he took them away.

He took everything away from you. Your family, your freedom, and the one you loved. Even though you were merely a child at that time, you were able to find someone to love, but before you could even tell him, they were gone. They were all gone.

In just the blink of an eye.

You've tried to free yourself from the past, you really have, but it always finds its way back to you. Whether through dreams or thought. It haunts you.

That's why, you swore to avenge them. To kill him.

To kill Ferid Bathory.