Chapter 1

Water crouched down, her lips drawn in a snarl. Beside her stood her sister, Willow. In front of them were three cats, much stronger and fitter than the two loners. "Get out of our territory you rogues!" One of the three snarled, his pelt a russet color. "That's right! You don't belong here!" Another one yowled, this one younger but still skilled nonetheless, his pelt amber with black stripes. The she-cat from the group spoke, her words dripping with venom. "Now, now. Venomfang, Stripepaw, these two are very tired. Don't hurt them too much........ save some fur for me!" the she-cat hissed in glee. "Of course Shadowclaws," Venomfang cackled, glancing at the smoke colored she-cat. Water flattened her ears in fear. Her sister, Willow, spoke up. "We don't want any trouble! We're just passing through!" Willow mewed, her fur bristling. Stripepaw snarled. "Well trouble's what you're going to get!" he yowled. Shadowclaws flicked her tail in some sort of silent signal. Venomfang and Stripepaw wasted no time. They snarled and leaped at Willow, Stripepaw landing on her back, stunning her. Willow let out a yowl as he dug his claws into her spine. She grabbed his scruff in her teeth and tossed him to the ground. Then Venomfang came in. He charged up and raked his claws along her side, leaving large claw marks. Meanwhile, Water crouched down on her haunches, preparing to leap at Venomfang, when she was tackled from behind.  She let out a huff and tried to scramble to her feet. Suddenly massive pain sprung from in-between her shoulder blades. Water screeched in pain, thrashing. "Get off of me, you foxheart!" Water yowled. Shadowclaws pressed her farther down onto the ground and meowed into her ear. "Stop fighting, and we'll kill you painlessly," she hissed. The Shadowclaws laughed. "Oh, wait. No we won't!" All the clan cats laughed, Venomfang and Stripepaw still fighting Willow, who was now on the ground heaving for breath. Shadowclaws flicked her tail and nodded toward the others. Venomfang kept Willow pinned as Stripepaw unsheathed his claws and held them near Willow's throat. "Now watch as we kill your precious companion. And don't worry, you'll see all of it. After all, you have a front row seat," Shadowclaws snarled as Water and Willow struggled franticly. No!!!!!!!!!!!! You wont kill my sister! Water thought. She heaved Shadowclaws off, the smoky she-cat yowling in surprise. Water charged at Venomfang, tackling him and pummeling his belly with her hind claws. Venomfang snarled and bit her front paw, cutting deep. Water threw him back by kicking him with her hind legs. Willow whirled around, quick as a fish, and cuffed Stripepaw over the ear with her claws. Willow snarled at him saying, "This'll teach you not to prey on weakened cats!" She clawed his ears leaving them badly maimed. Shadowclaws, Venomfang, and Stripepaw stood up, lips curled, recovering from the surprise attack. "Bring it on loner!" Venomfang hissed. "Water we have to go!" Willow hissed. Water nodded and the two raced off as fast as they could, leaving the ruthless clan cats behind. Shadowclaws, Venomfang, and Stripepaw yowled in triumph, Shadowclaws yowling, "You'll regret the day you messed with Shatteredclan!" Both of the loners ran as far as their legs could carry them, until finally they stopped at a small island, far from Shatteredclan territory.

          Willow and Water collapsed, exhausted, onto the shore of the island. They gulped up the water thirstily. Water stood up on shaking legs, her torn back and leg throbbing. She knew they had to find herbs quickly. "Willow, I'll be right back ok?"   Willow nodded shakily. Water padded off limping. She soon returned carrying marigold, cobwebs, juniper berries, and poppy seeds. She gave a pawful of each to Willow, then turned to her own wounds. She licked her bleeding shoulder and leg. She chewed up some of the marigold, and spit the juice onto her wounds, hissing as it seeped into her fur. She gently put cobwebs over the wounds. She ate two juniper berries and poppy seeds. She turned to Willow, wondering if she needed any help. She looked fine, so Water tucked her paws beneath her and lay her head down on the sand, closing her eyes. "Water...." Willow began hesitantly. Water opened her eyes tiredly, feeling the effects of the poppy seeds. "What, Willow? she asked, yawning. "You know we can't keep looking," Willow began reluctantly. "For...?" Water asked nervously, knowing the answer. Willow huffed angrily. "You know what I'm talking about! A clan!" Willow said frustrated. "Every time we go a fox-length over a border, we meet an angry clan cat patrol!" Willow yowled, then her voiced softened. "We can't keep doing this, Water," she finished. Water gazed out across the surface of the waves, so calm, so peaceful. She knew Willow was right, but she still didn't want to give up hope. "But not all clans are like Shatteredclan, Willow! There are good ones! I just know it!" Water mewed. Willow shook her head. "And what about Blood?" Water continued. "We can't run from him forever!" The night they had left, Blood become furious. He sent out a search party, vowing to kill both of his "traitorous" daughters. Willow and Water heard it all, cowering from the safety of a thick bush. "Look I don't know Water!" Willow meowed coldly. "But we can't rely on the clans for help any longer!" Willow hissed. She glanced at her sister angrily then said, "Good night." and curled up away from Water. Water looked up at the full moon, now doubting all the stories Frost had told them. If Starclan exist, why don't they help us?  Water thought in anxiety. Starclan, if you're up there.... please give us a sign, help us..... We don't know what to do. Water prayed silently. She waited many minutes, staring silently up at the moon. She sighed and rested her head on the ground once more. She closed her eyes and let sleep take her.

1st chapter done! Please read and comment, and again, I do not own Warriors. I could also use some help coming up with the allegiances for Shatteredclan and Bloodclan. If you have any cats in mind, post a comment explaining their name, color, attitude, status, and clan. And I'll be uploading soon!