quinze

🍦

the nurse refused to let the trio inside the hospital. joy was biting her lip and the tears never stopped coming down.

"when is david coming?" liz asked joy.

she sniffled, "not tonight. he's in canada for a business trip but is taking the quickest flight here."

"aww that's nice" liz smiled sadly tears escaping her eyes as well. the small boy doesn't deserve this.

"i-i still don't know what happened to him..what happened?" luke furrowed his eyebrows. his spongebob shoes still weren't put on fully, and his outfit didn't match.

"he freaked out, that's all.." joy explained wiping her almond brown eyes dry.

"b-but..why can't we see him?"

"th-they're running tests on him.."

"what kind of tests?" luke pestered the troubled mom.

"lucas...please...i'm going to get fresh air." she stood up from the seat and walked out. tears began to well in his ice blue eyes as he played with the hole that was carved into mrs. joy's seat. some of the foam started to come out but his tears clouded his vision not allowing him to see.

"ahem. mrs. hood?" the doctor raised his eyebrows with a clipboard in hand.

"o-oh, she's outside i'll call her back in"

"please do, ma'am. only one person is allowed in at once." he waited as liz got up to go get joy.

🍦

luke let out a shaky breath and began to get angry. "ugh"

"what is it, sweety?"

"she's not the only one who cares about calum! i care about him as well! and i want to see hi-"

joy came out the room pale and a blank expression on her face.

"wh.." liz examined her face.

"next?" the doctor looked at the other people waiting.

liz nodded towards luke. he walked with the man and he smiled at the small boy knowing they were close.

luke entered the room and saw his best friend lying on the hospital bed. "wha-what..why is he..? what happened to ca..?"

the doctor sighed, "he just had a simple panic attack..a lot of people have those"

"so why..why did he have to come here?"

"he tried to do something.."

luke twisted his face confused, "wot?"

"just let your mother or his mother explain to you later." the doctor walked away leaving the two in peace.

he walked up gingerly to the hospital bed, and shakily; his hand moved up to his cheek. he brushed his cheek with his thumb and tears welled up in his eyes. "cal..?" (just imagine something happening to cal in real life...i can't..)

his finger trailed along his lips and nose, whispering, "calum..?"

his eyes fluttered opened and they were met with blue crystal eyes. "h-hi, lukey.."

"hey..are you feeling okay?"

calum nodded sitting up in the bed. "what happened?"

calum softly shrugged feeling tears and fiddled with his fingers. no 10 year old boy should feel this way..but he did.

"cally, i'm so worried about you"

"don't..i'm okay..." he responded giving him a soft peck on the lips. "i lub you, lukey. they're releasing me soon, and mummy decided to let me stay with you..it's quite obvious i'm going to need you"

"i lub you too"

they both smiled, and luke climbed into the bed with his best friend. he sighed in content as he grabbed him and pulled him onto his body. he smelled his hair smiling into the black mop.

🍦