"No, she ain't," Carolyn said, copying Bri's accent. "I suggest you take a good look." She nodded at me, and turned around so she could look at Liam again. I sighed, still frustrated. "Look, if you like him, you can have him," I said as I finished my breakfast, and stood up. Class started in around 10 minutes, and that was honestly all the bullshit I could handle before lunch.

"I suppose now you're gonna accidentally bump into him?" Scarlett wiggled her eyebrows at me, and if I knew I wouldn't get in any trouble, I would have thrown a plate at her.

"In your dreams," I commented as I picked up my bag, and walked out of the cafeteria, careful not to accidentally bump into Liam, who was still standing at the door. Unfortunately for me, our eyes met for a split second, but I was already out before he could say anything. Although, even over the voices of the people in the crowded hallway, I swear I heard someone yell Nora. Hm. Must be just a girl whose identity I'd stolen.

*******

"Alright, class dismissed, though if someone wants to stay in the classroom, you can."

I smiled to myself; I loved Ms. Bailey, her lectures were the most interesting yet shortest ones. I always sat in the very front of the classroom during her classes. This time I decided to stay in, as there were still 20 minutes left until the bell goes off, and I had nothing better to do anyway.

"Oh my," I heard Ms. Bailey mutter, and when I looked at her, she was rubbing the back of her neck, looking at the paper in front of her uneasily. Had someone done their test so badly she had to say it out loud?

"Um, Ms. Dustin?" The teachers in my school always called students by their last names, no matter what. I never thought much about it, but now when I had Liam on my back, I was thankful.

"Yes?" I said, sitting up straight. Ms. Bailey was still looking at the paper, and after a few seconds, she sighed heavily. "I'm going to need you to call this child... This special, special child..." She trailed off, flipping the paper and looking at the back of it.

"Liam Payne." I blinked at her a couple of times; Liam? Could that be coffee shop Liam? Probably... Well. Wasn't this just ideal. I was almost tempted to ask her for someone else to go get him. When I said nothing, she looked up at me. "Is that okay with you?" She asked and I quickly nodded, not wanting to get on her bad side.

"Um, can I ask why though?" I said hesitantly as I stood up and straightened my shirt. If I was going to see him again, I might have to be in a good mood, considering how, say, persistent he was. And if he'd done a test badly... Well, it might be cruel, but it was going to put me in a good mood.

My teacher sighed again. "Well, don't get me wrong, but he has the handwriting of a serial killer," She said through another sigh and I couldn't help but take a peek at the paper in front of her. Big, messy letters. Smooth, Liam.

"What about the test though? Had he done it well?" I asked again, hoping the answer would be what I was expecting.

Ms. Bailey smiled at me. "I get it that he's your friend, so you don't have to worry, much at least. It's average, so far." Clearly, my teacher thought the complete opposite, but I decided not to fight with her as I put on a fake smile.

"Anyways, he's, um..." She trailed off again, flipping some other papers. "Classroom 12. Just say I sent you." She smiled at me and I forced another one back as I made my way out of the classroom. I was already in a shitty mood, and seeing Liam wasn't going to help either.

I walked through the building for a minute, and down the stairs, before I walked to the door that had number 12 taped on it. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door, not ready to face Liam at all.