Part 33--Not Over Yet--

Comenzar desde el principio

I sighed and ran a rand through my waved. "Yes. That's exactly what I'm telling you...Well, except for that love part, kind of rethinking that."

"Hmm...so....can I react to this information you just gave me?" Mom said, holding her composure. 

"Yes..." I replied slowly, not expecting what was about to happen. 

"IT CAN'T BE OVER! SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN NEXT! WYATT CAN'T JUST LEAVE-"

"He's already gone." I ended. 

"Oh you know what I mean." Mom waved off. "OH THAT BOY IS SO GONNA DIE. WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM, I SWEAR....OH MY GOD!" 

Instead of getting annoyed or upset at the fact that I had to relive memories to tell my mother about every that had happened in the past three-four months, I smiled and shook my head at her. "Way to keep your chill, mom." 

"What chill? I lost my chill the minute I stepped into this room." Mom said proudly. Her light hair hung down on her shoulders freely and her eyes matched my hurt expression. "I'm sorry Gemmy." 

"Me too." I whispered. My mom stared at me, trying to accumulate anything she could so she could understand how I was feeling, but she already knew.

"So what now?" She asked, steadily, perching herself beside me on my bed. 

I shrugged in response and she nodded and we were in silence again. "I'm just...going to have to move on, I suppose." 

"No!" My mom exclaimed, surprising both me and herself. "I mean...you can't." 

"I-" I opened my mouth to argue. 

"No, Gemma. You can't. You can't sit here and tell me that you have nothing left to say to him. You might have already told him how you feel but you haven't told him what he's putting you through, you haven't told him that you can't live without him. You haven't told him that no matter what you want to be beside him and he's not hurting you in the way he thinks he is, he's hurting you by being away from you. You haven't told him and you should! You have to. Do you know how short life is?" 

"Mom-" I tried again, my heart melting at every word she spoke. 

"No Gemma, listen. I've been in love and I know what its like not to tell them how you actually feel,  not telling them that seeing them leave kills you inside and not telling them everything that they put you through. Let me tell you Gemma, it hurts and it haunts you forever. You'll eventually, quote on quote 'move on' but feelings like the ones you have for Wyatt don't just fade.  I can tell he feels the same way about you that you feel about him, otherwise he wouldn't have made an effort to take care of you. But even if he didn't you can't let things like this go unnoticed, they leave permanent scars, so whether the person feels the same way or not, you tell them and hope for the best. It makes you feel better." Mom's eyes were tearing up again and I stared at her wide eyed, in shock. 

"I'm just...I'm scared....What if....Mom I've known him for four months, how can I already want him-need him-so badly. It doesn't make sense." I bowed my head, hoping for some more wise advice from my mother, that I never got before.  

"I know you are, honey and I know this is all very confusing, but....how do I explain this...." Mom pondered. "You don't look for this to happen....it just does and when it does, it can hurt you a lot, that's just the way it is, but I don't want you to hurt. I really don't." 

I smiled and embraced her. Everything hurt, my body and my heart. I didn't know how everything would turn out, but I hope it would be okay. 

"Okay," My mom sniffled. "That's enough girl talk, your brothers want to see you." Mom's sad eyes returned and she stood up and turned around. 

"Mom?" I asked, before she stepped outside of the door. She stopped but didn't turn around. "When you said you know what it's like to love someone and not tell them how you feel, were you talking about dad?" 

"Yes." And with that, she stepped out of the door and Grayson and Jake stepped in. Their hair had disheveled and it looked like sleep hadn't been their best friend in a while now. 

"Oh my god, you're okay!" Jake rushed to my side and gave me a bear hug. 

I chuckled. "Of course, I couldn't leave you!" I joked, but when Jake pulled back, he was serious and had a worried look on his face. "Hey, Jake, I'm okay. Don't worry okay." His sad expression didn't budge, but he nodded.  I looked over at Grayson, who looked down on me and frowned. "Gray, I'm alright." 

"We were just really worried," He smiled, sadly and gave me a quick hug. "We're glad you're okay." 

I spent more than an hour talking to them and joking around with them. Neither one of them mentioned Wyatt and believe it or not I was grateful for that, I felt like my life was normal for once. I had brothers who loved me and because I had them to keep my mind off of Wyatt, I didn't feel the initial pain of heart break. 

Visiting hours were almost over and I had spent most of my time with Grayson, Jake and my mom, I didn't get a chance to meet with Rosaline or dad, but I promised I would meet with them soon. Brian was chill about Grayson and Jake staying a little while longer so as night fell, I had Grayson and Jake on both sides of me, keeping me laughing and not giving me enough time to think. 

"So then when we were 10, Grayson wanted revenge because I cut holes into his favourite t-shirt so he glued me to my bed." Jake broke out into laughter, "I was pulling off glue strands for days." 

I chuckled along with Jake and was about to reply when Grayson's phone started buzzing. Jake's eyes went dark as did Grayson's and I looked between them, confused. "What's wrong?" I asked, quietly, trying to see who was calling Grayson. 

"Nothing." He smiled. "I'll be back in a sec." 

My eyes followed him out the door and he made sure to shut it behind him. I looked at Jake and he avoided eye contact. "Jake. Spill." 

Jake's desperate eyes met mine. "I can't, Gemma. Grayson's going to kill me." 

"I'll make sure he doesn't. Please tell me." I knew it was something was about Wyatt and the more I knew, the better it was. 

"Gemma, I really can't." Jake pleaded, his bright eyes filled with desperation. 

I chewed on my bottom lip. "Okay....But if I just walked over to the door and listened into Grayson's conversation with Wy-whoever it may be on the phone...you won't stop me will you?" I eyed Jake suspiciously. 

Jake smirked and looked towards the door. "My hands and feet are practically tied." 

I smiled and carefully detached myself from the hospital contraptions. One of the advantages of being a nurse, I knew how to get myself out of medical situations. Slowly, I tiptoed in my hospital gown, all the way to the door and opened it soundlessly so I could hear Grayson. 

"She's fine." Grayson spoke in a clipped tone. I couldn't make out the voice on the other line but he responded. "Well I don't really know how you want me to act. You put our sister in a hospital and then left. Do you know how she is?....Yah I know you had to, Wyatt but....Okay....Yah I'll tell her, just please for her sake call her, text her, come see her, do something!...You can't give me that bullshit, don't tell me its not safe, I know that, but she's dying to see you-.........." The gap between what Wyatt and Grayson's conversation was long and I held my breath in hopes that Grayson didn't know I was there. "Fine." Grayson finally responded and I heard the 'end call' beep. 

Gasping, I shut the door and jumped back into bed. "Easy there, tiger." Jake laughed. "Don't hurt yourself." 

Grayson walked in slowly and he eyed me suspiciously."What?" I asked, trying to act nonchalant as I put the hospital gadgets back on myself. 

"Nothing you want to tell me, Gemma?" Grayson said, fighting back a smile. 

"Nope," I held my head up high and smiled. 

Grayson bit his lip and looked between Jake and me. "I'm not letting this go that easily. We leave to stop Wyatt as soon as Gemma gets discharged."