Part 24

"Want to make pizza?" Grayson asked me, as we watched t.v.

"Sure." I smiled back. I was clean now, like actually clean, in clothes that Grayson and Jake had brought from Rosaline and dad's house, so I felt better too.

We both got up from the couch and let Wyatt and Jake continue watching t.v. They didn't say anything either, so I presumed it was alright. Grayson and I made our way into the small but very convenient kitchen and Grayson pulled out all the supplies from the fridge and pantry. Not long after, I started slicing vegetables and he was hard at work at making the dough.

"So..." Grayson started off.

I looked over at him and raised my eyebrows. "So?"

"Gemma, we're sorry." Grayson sighed.

I laughed nervously because I was truly unsure of why he was apologizing. "For, what?"

"For everything, I don't know...as soon as Wyatt told us what was happening, we kind of took it upon ourselves to keep you two out of harms way and clearly that hasn't been going well." Grayson averted his gaze and placed the dough onto a pizza pan.

"Grayson, what are you talking about? You and Jake are the reason Wyatt and I are here right now, sure it's been tedious and rough for all of us, but I guess, we just gotta pull through." I smiled at my step-brother and didn't look away until he smiled back.

"How are you so happy?" Grayson asked, smirking.

"Hey hey, let's not get the wrong idea here," My eyes widened and I laughed. "I just feel like its better to look past everything. Even though it hurts..."I added in at the end.

Grayson didn't seem to hear it though, so it was alright. "So I was thinking..."

"Thinking what..." I encouraged, a tad scared of what he was going to propose.

"Just to get your mind off of things why don't we watch a movie and chill tonight?" Grayson asked, as he grabbed some vegetables and cheese to put on top of the sauce covered pizza dough.

"I'd like that very much." I smiled at his idea and felt relaxed for the first time in a while. Siblings were amazing.

******************

"TANGLED!" Wyatt and Jake yelled simultaneously.

"Yes, Tangled." I smiled proudly. "I get to pick the movie, and besides I told you I would get you to watch it." I stuck my tongue out tauntingly at Wyatt.

"You must be joking and who gave you the right to choose the movie, anyways?" Wyatt questioned in a jokingly serious way.

"Grayson." I smiled at him and plopped down onto the couch with my slice of pizza.

"You betrayed us, man. Seriously, how did you even approve of Tangled?" Jake asked, punching his brother, playfully on the arm.

"Hey, she's had a rough day. Something animated and happy to lighten the mood, will not hurt anyone." Grayson laughed as he plopped down beside his brother on the other of the two couches.

"It hurts my soul." Wyatt muttered and Jake cracked up.

"Hey! Don't be rude, Eugene is my man and Rapunzel is so cute. I love this movie." I defended as Grayson put in the movie and turned off the lights. Wyatt shook his head and laughed, but still came and sat beside me.

"He's your man, eh?" Wyatt raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yes," I pressed my smile in. "He's my man."

Wyatt chuckled deeply and moved in closer, so that our sides were touching and I was squished in between him and the arm of the couch, but I wasn't complaining. "So tell me, what does he have that I don't?"