Chapter 6.

A/N: I'm going to start posting the song(s) for each chapter, I thought it might be a good idea to list the music that inspires each chapter:) Thank you!

Ed Sheeran- Give Me Love

-

"Have you ever been in love?"

"Nope. Have you?" I ask back.

"Nope," Jacob says as he runs his fingers through his hair.

I love when he does that.

"How many boyfriends have you had?" He asks me.

"Including you?" He nods his head. "Four."

"And you have never been in love with any of them?"

"No... I mean the last three weren't exactly ideal relationships," I wince as my mind floods with images from years of bad relationships, hoping Jacob doesn't notice. The summer before my freshman year I had my first boyfriend. We dated for two months and I thought I loved him but it wasn't real love... He made me belive that we would be together forever then out of nowhere he decided that he didn't  have feelings for me anymore. My second boyfriend during freshman year cheated on me with the most, er, available, girl in school. And my third boyfriend was a few months ago. I still can't talk about it.

"Babe?" Jacob snaps me out of my trance. "Are you alright in there?"

I laugh and shake off the nightmares. "Yea Jake I'm good, thank you." I say as I smile and cuddle up closer to him.

"So are you excited for your birthday next week?"

My eyes light up. "Yes! My sweet 16. I already have all the details planned out."

"Of course you do," Jake laughs and rolls his eyes. He knows how much I love planning things.

Jacob's phone buzzes and startles me out of my daze.

"Hey babe, it's my friend Blake I have to take this, I'll be back in a minute." He smiles at me as he grips the doorway and swings himself out into the hallway to answer the call.

I grab my phone off my nightstand and scroll through my notifications. From the hallway I hear him mumbling. "He sounds upset," I think to myself. "It's probably nothing. Besides, it's none of my business anyway." But as I hear him get louder and more distraught, and I hear a loud bang, it becomes my business.

I feel myself push off the covers and tip toe to the doorway, and as I peek my head around the corner, I see Jacob sitting on the edge of the stairs, tears streaming down his face with his head in his hands. I immediately rush over to him and drape my hand around his shoulder.

"Jake what's wrong?" I ask him hurriedly. When he doesn't answer, I ask again. "Baby what happened?"

He pauses for a few seconds before answering. When he calms down, he lifts his head from between his palms look at me. "That was Blake's mom calling... She said that he was in a drunk driving accident and..."

He starts to cry again.

"And what baby...?" I ask him gently.

He looks up at me once more.

"Blake is dead."