XXII: The Only Exception

Start from the beginning

Sakura threw a Kunai in a jiff as she ran past the dungeons, thinking there's got to be a passageway here or something. Wakana didn't take any pity on her. Sakura would often throw anything to slow her down but her pace was at its full speed.

They ended up in a spare room, where in Sakura's reached the end of her rope. "Wakana, you have to-"

That's when someone had swiveled from the door and pinned Wakana instantaneously into the wall, suffocating her.

Just like before they found her, before a wink of eye, someone had swiveled the little girl and pinned her neck towards the wall.

Sasuke.

"Get out of here," He obliged as he held his Katana over the girl's neck.

"NO!!!" She screamed and ran beside him. "Sasuke you can't do this,"

"She deserves it," he groused and the curse-mark was burning like they were made of the eminent blazes of the sun. Wakana was already choking. "Sasuke please-it wasn't her fault!" She pleaded, "she didn't have any choice!"

Sasuke chuckled delightfully. "All of us have a choice."

"She's just a child, and she didn't have anything to do with this," she assured him. "Just-don't make her the reason why I should hate you again. Because I'm tired of forgiving you when you've barely done anything good."

Good. Sasuke could only stare at the kid who breathed heavily under his mercy. Why would he value the safety of a stranger he hardly knew?

That's because as long as you don't have anyone to care about no one would ever distract you from mantaining your goal.

And what benefit does he gets after sparing her life? NONE.

The idea of Marooning himself would only lead him to his pathway of loneliness... And he didn't want to because he had already experienced it before.

"Sasuke," Tobi called for him. He was the supreme ruler of the house and if there's one single person that would intimidate him it'll always be the legendary Uchiha. "You've done enough."

His hand pulled away and Wakana coughed out spitting blood. Sakura caught her nimbly into her arms. "She's unconscious," she muttered.

Sasuke froze as Wakana laid peacefully into Sakura's lap, his actions suddenly catching up with him. Did he just save her life? By her dumbfounded and shocked expression she guessed so.

His body acted without affirming into his mind. It was the same as it happened when he saved Naruto from Haku. It all happened so fast he just acted on instinct.

Taka was late as they stepped foot into the room not knowing what could've possibly happened but it had something to do with Sakura's gawking face. "Did we miss something?" Suigestu asked, holding his blade for combat. Karin slapped his head. "Idiot you're quite a bird-brained for someone in your age!"

"And you make yourself a fugly whore for a red-head."

Just then, Zetsu loomed out of the surface and stood next to Obito. "He seemed quite determined in preserving the medic's life."

"Patience is a virtue, my friend." But Obito wasn't smiling. Then both of them vanished.

✞ Եհҽ ղҽ×Ե մϲհíհɑ ✞

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FALLING FOR