What's going on?!

What are the odds for the power to go off In a restaurant?!. Three percent, five percent, nine at most. So, what about the odds for one of the fanciest restaurants in the city? Almost none. However, that wasn't how my luck worked. It had its own mind and ways. What triggers it is unknown. There were no rules. In this situation or any other, it was the same for my luck. Without a care for anyone. When it decided to make it hell, it could and would.

As in right now, everyone was experiencing my hell first hand. The wine was really cold against my chest. I took a handkerchief trying to maintain the damage, but it was no use. It was time to kiss my sweet blouse goodbye. I had spent a couple of nice hours with you. Rest in peace, my friend. I put the handkerchief back with a sigh, and looked around trying to take in the scenery.

I couldn't help but smile. What a sight.

Everything was pitch-black except for the moon light coming through the windows. It was barely illuminating the place but allowed enough to see. Everyone was getting angry, and the tension was obviously rising. People were annoyed at the irresponsibility of the restaurant's management. Some began to raise their voices, and some left. That wasn't the only thing to catch my attention. Our table was far more entertaining. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't a bad person. I just enjoyed that my irritating family was finally getting a taste from the same medicine or in that case poison.

They all seemed pissed, but the look on Daniel's face was something else. His face showed a variety of emotions, but he mostly looked shocked. His mouth hung slightly open. He snapped out of it when his gaze met mine.

"This isn't you, is it?" he asked, startled at the possibility. All eyes were on me, everyone listening intently to our conversation.

I shrugged. "Maybe."

He looked taken aback by my answer, hell everyone seemed so. "But...but I, I thought your bad luck only affects you." Stacy stuttered.

I raised my eyebrow in astonishment. It was my first time to see Stacy like that. They had quite the knowledge about my bad luck and what it was capable of (After all they had seen it all). I was immensely enjoying this, and it only got better when I saw fear cross their eyes.

I saw the fear growing in their eyes as I uttered my next words. "Not anymore."

I inched towards her, so she could see my face then I smirked. "You see, my bad luck has a little change of heart." I took my time before telling her the rest of it. "It acts on its own, any place, any time... and on anyone." I felt satisfaction when my words sank in and I saw the horror spread from her eyes to her whole face. I could live with that.

I was back to reality when the waiter, who spilled the wine on me, came back with a wet towel. He kept apologizing to me. "I, I am really sorry, very sorry." He kept shuddering, afraid of what I might do to him. I smiled in response; he looked confused for a minute then relief washed over his face. Relief and surprise, that is. I guess not every day he met someone like me. Ironic.

"Anything I could get you?"

"It's truly okay." I replied and took the towel from him. Before he could answer, another waiter approached him and started talking with him. I didn't need to listen to know what they were talking about. The situation was getting out of hand and they couldn't even get the backup generator to work. They had no idea what was going on or how to stop it.

My luck really excelled at what it does.

I took a heavy breath. It was time to end this. Time to control the chaos I was responsible for and contain my bad luck. I cleared my throat to get the waiters attention. "On second thought, I could ask for something." I asked for them with a smile. I was not giving up on my dinner. Not after everything it took to get here. Not going to happen.