The family meeting.

I am an outgoing person. Surprisingly I am. The problem is that my luck does not have the same persona as me. The opposite is how we go. As much as I love going out and I can’t. But, there is this time when I really, really do not want to leave my apartment. And. It happened to be today.

You know that feeling when something bad is going to happen. I have this feeling today, or you could say every day, but today I could feel the vibes more. So, I made the wised decision to stay at home.

Of course my luck has other plans……..

***************************

While sitting peacefully reading the newspaper, anticipating whether to read my horoscope or not. Sipping my creamy coffee and enjoying the silence, that apparently did not last very long. The phone ringing broke the silence. One look at the screen and I knew immediately that my day is not going to be peaceful anymore. And this time my bad luck was not the reason for it.

I held my phone looking at it for a moment finally deciding to answer it.

“Heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaather” a high pitch scream went into my ears that I had to take away the phone from them.

“Selene” I said, paused for a second then added “what’s wrong? Do you need something?”

“Oh don’t be silly.” She said in her usual high pitch voice that I had to keep the phone away from my ears.

“Can’t I be concern about my sweet and lovely cousin?” Oh, she definitely needs something. “I glad that you’re free, because I missed and I need to see you today at dinner.”

Before I could protest or even utter another word she continued. “Don’t be late. Okay. We will meet seven at the Lavian restaurant. You know it right. Any way I will send you the address.”

“I know it, but….” Before I could finish she cuts me “Good. I wish we could talk more, but you know I am busy person so see you at seven and Heather don’t be late.” And with her finial order she hang up on me.

I kept staring at my phone for few minutes, before I toss it at the couch. I knew the moment I saw her name it will end like that. I never get to say anything and the worst what waits for me. Because everyone, I not having a normal dinner or chit chat with my cousin. I am not having a dinner with only one cousin but my family. And no it’s not family gathering but a family MEETING. And I have one no scratch that……….. Many reasons why I call it meeting not gathering.

**************************************

Unlike any normal person, I do not take a time to prepare before going out. Normally I have a good reason which is my bad luck that goes with do not bother it will always end up with the same result. So I lost hope in wearing good things, it will be such a loss.

But today I have to go with at least proper clothes to fit the place and the people. And proper for me means normal and plain for others. For me dresses are no, no, no and NO. Wearing a dress is a risk equal to jumping from a bridge to me. Dresses and my bad luck do not go well, so black jeans with white silk blouse to which I have to bid my farewells and black cardigan is the best chose.

I looked at the time 5pm good to go. I know that it early two hours but to me it’s good enough, when Selene say do not be late she means it. I sigh. I do not really want go but if I don’t I will be called a coward and I already have enough names to be called. Who knows I might have fun tonight.

*****************

This is definitely no fun at all. How hard it could be to get to that stupid restaurant. Hard, very, very hard. It took me three hours to get here and I thought that two was enough. Aside from transportation there was that old granny that kept insisting that I stole her hat the one that I kept trying to convince her, she was wearing it.