I Think Its Time

Emma walked into the flat and sat down on the couch.

"Listen, Sherlock. I think it's time I told you."

"Told me what?" for a sociopath, a genius, someone who thinks he's smarter than the rest of the world, he really isn't trying so hard.

"Tell you the truth about", Emma stopped to take a shuddery breath. "Me."

"I already know about you." He got two cups of tea off a tray that Mrs. Hudson no doubtingly prepared and put them on the coffee table. "I am great with deductions."

"Yes, well, if you're as smart as you say you are, and I'm as smart as I say I am", she picked up her cup of tea. "Then you would know that I would know how to fake a personality. Stand a certain way, talk a certain way. Wear certain things."

"Touché", he picked up his cup as well. "Except, then you'd also know that I would expect that."

Emma put up her cup to clink with Sherlock's. "Then you would know that I would be prepared for anything."

Sherlock clinked it, "But there's only a certain limit that someone can go."

"Yes, well, my dear Holmes", she put her tea cup down. "You don't know what I've been through."

He took a sip while she was talking. "Then tell me."

She watched as he placed his cup back on the table. "Glad we're on the same page."

She stared at him for a few seconds. What a curious creature, I'm surprised that hasn't led to his death yet.

"I was given a note a few months ago. Along with an Apple watch. I thought it was a present, I really did. I started getting text messages, and I tried to block the number, but it didn't work. It was very annoying and a waste of time, so I stopped the text messaging app, and gave it to my friend.

"I honestly can't tell you what's worse, what happened next, or what happened after that.

"My friend died, and I got another note. Told to come here, so I did.

"Sandra Jennings, she had the exact same watch. I would know, because there was an indent on the side from where I dropped it. What a cheap murderer. But you already know this, so let me go back again.

"My friend, he wanted all these Apple technology things so, I gave it to him. He didn't say anything about text messages, and he 'took his own life.' It was obvious it was a murder, but you know the police. They said they would consult with a detective, I'm assuming you're that detective, but you never showed."

"Because that time it was a suicide. Whoever did it last time killed them this time, but last time, they only urged them to kill them self. This time that didn't happen, so they had to stage it like a suicide. I did go that time. I looked over it, and for once, the police were right."

"Well", Emma didn't like being wrong, so she changed the argument for her to be right. "This time it's actually a murder. This time, the police are wrong. They don't know what's going on, Sherlock, they're slow. They won't ever..."

Sherlock picked up his phone because he got a text message. He turned the phone so the screen was facing Emma.

'Sherlock, come ASAP. Another murder,
-Lestrade'

He also decided that he would finish her sentence. "Be at the scene before us?"

------------

"How many times have we been in a cab since I met you?" Emma was looking out the window. "Seriously, a car would be cheaper."

"Even with the gas prices?"

"Maybe you should try running to the crime scenes. Be quicker than traffic." Sherlock laughed. "Oh yeah, that's right, you wouldn't be able to because you don't eat."

He gave her an unamused face. "Emma, getting a cab is probably the easiest thing to do."

"It's not so easy when I've had to pay for it all these times."

"Or when you can't get one as quick as I could", Sherlock added.

Emma looked at him, "Is that a challenge?"

"We're here", the cab driver told them. Mainly because he couldn't take their bickering any longer.

Emma payed the man, and spoke to Sherlock while doing so. "Time flies when there are two psychopaths in a cab." And for the fact that Emma just called them both psychopaths.

They both hopped out of the cab where Sherlock corrected her, yet again. "Sociopath. Do your research."

"Uhh..." Emma groaned.

They were on one of those streets that were just houses, houses that all looked the same that only had people with normal jobs and normal names and oh so boring conversations.
'How are you?' 'Good.' 'The kids?' 'Great.' 'Okay, talk to you later.'

Police tape was surrounding the house, another reason why the cabbie was quick to go.

The brown, curly haired police officer was there again, waiting in the doorway. Waiting for Sherlock. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've met", she spoke. "I'm Sergeant Sally Donovan." She put out her hand for Emma to shake.

"I'm Emma." Emma took her hand and shook it.

"You and Sherlock are...?" She looked between Emma and Sherlock.

"Oh, no", they both replied at the same time. "No we're not..." Sherlock said. Emma added in, "Really not..."

"I understand", she put her arms up in surrender. "I understand." She turned back to Sherlock. "Lestrade wants to see you. Now."

Emma and Sherlock followed Sally into the boring house, on the boring street, with the boring neighbours.

Inside, no doubt, was simple everything. Plain couch, family pictures, beige walls. Everything was... normal. Then Sally brought them into the living room, and everything changed.

"Good, you've both come", Lestrade said.

"Same thing as before?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes, but, we can't get into the Apple Watch."