Chapter 7

Rock -

The next morning when I got up, Taraji was still sleep, so I decided to get up and shower. I wanted to do something special for her, so I decided to call Garcia and tell her not to come in today, I was going to make Taraji some breakfast in bed.

Once I took my shower and got dressed, I headed down stairs to the kitchen. I turned my stereo on and I got started cooking. I was going to attempt to make French toast, eggs, and bacon.

Cooking wasn't really my thing , but for Taraji I would do anything to put a smile on her face. I knew she probably still didn't trust me and I wanted to make things right with her even though I didn't technically do anything wrong.

Thing is, I know I probably owed Maria an apology too, I played with her emotions, by telling her I wasn't seeing somebody when I was. But I didn't really know why I was holding on to her like I was. She was just always there when I needed her, and I didn't quite know if this relationship with Taraji was going to last, I wanted it to. I couldn't deny my feelings for her, but I still had this feeling that something bad was going to happen between us. I was trying not to rush things and just let things between us be beautiful. No matter how much I denied it, I was in love with this woman, and that was so strange for me to say because I'd never really been in love with anybody. I guess i was holding onto Maria in case things with Taraji went sour.

Once my bacon got done, I took them out the oven, and drained the grease. Then I finished scrambling my eggs. Next I took my last French toast out the skillet and turned the stove off. I grabbed the tray from under my counter top, rinsed it off, and then I put the small sun flowers I bought, in a small vase on top of the tray.

Then I grabbed a glass and filled it with orange juice, and I then I fixed Taraji's plate. Once everything was on the tray I made my way upstairs. I heard her in the bathroom brushing her teeth, so I went to my bedroom and made myself comfortable on the bed. I positioned the tray in the middle while I laid on my side.

She walked and the room shocked. "Babe what is all this?" She smiled as she got in bed.

"I decided to make breakfast for my special lady," I smiled as I placed the tray on her lap.

"Aww baby, you're so sweet you didn't have to do all this for me," she smiled as she smelled the sun flowers.

"Yes I did, I wanted to let you know that your the only one on my mind baby, I promise it's nobody else, nobody but me and you babe, and as a matter of fact I'm ready for you to meet my mom," I smiled as I kissed her arm.

"your mom really?" She smiled. "Yeah really baby," I replied as I sat up.

"Baby I don't know, I'm gone be so nervous I mean what if she doesn't like me?" She smiled.

"Baby you won Garcia over I'm sure it's going to be the same with my mother and my sisters," I laughed.

"Maybe, but any way it goes I'm glad we're making that step, I can't say the same about my mom though she's cool but she's stern especially about her daughters she don't play she gone have a whole lot of questions for you,"

"I'm ready, I'm a cool dude I mean who doesn't like DeWayne?" I laughed.

"Cocky ass, but I'm ready to meet your mom, I can't wait too, and thank you for breakfast daddy," she said as she leaned in for a kiss. I pecked her lips sucking on her bottom lip a little.