Proluge

DeWayne -

"Champagne Mr. Johnson?" The flight attended asked the minute Dewayne sat down on the plane. "No thank you," he smiled as he put on his sun glasses. He pulled out his iPad from his bag and smiled as he looked at his wallpaper. He would never be able to change it. He went to his contact list and scrolled down to Her name. Part him wanted to FaceTime her, but instead he pressed the home screen button and went to his music playlist.

He laid his head up against the window as Michael Jackson's She's Out of My life began to play. He quickly changed the song. Mariah Carey's Always Be My Baby came on, he had to change it, Tyrese's Shame began to play and a tear rolled down his eyes. He turned took out his head phones and turned his iPad off.

He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket so he pulled out. He typed his password in and saw that he had a text from Jessica. The Latino that he met at the club last night.

Jessica : Are we still on for tonight Papi? ;)

He didn't even bother to respond instead he deleted the message. No matter how many women he tried to replace her with, none of them would ever compare to the love she gave. If only he had of listened, he wouldn't be in this predicament. She would be right by his side. Maybe if he had of stopped selling, or stopped going out early and coming home late, maybe if he had of paid attention to her needs, he wouldn't be sitting here feeling sorry for his self. Maybe. "Yeah maybe," he mumbled as he laid his head back against the window. He looked out into the clouds and reminisced to that dreadful day.

"I can't do this with you any more Rock," Taraji said as she began throwing her clothes in her suit case. "What do you mean baby?" Rock asked with a perplexed look on his face.

"I can't do us any more, I won't continue to compete for a position in your life, I'm not going to fight for your heart," she said with tears streaming down her face.

"Bebe' Lo sineto, baby I'm sorry," Rock said as he walked over to Taraji. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Sweet heart I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, " he said as he gently grabbed her by her waist. He lifted her chin and wiped her eyes.

"Dewayne I can't do this with you anymore," she sobbed. "So your just going to quit on me, on us baby really?" He asked as he rubbed her arms.

"I don't want too Dewayne, but I'm tired of this, I'm tired of feeling like I'm second place, you told me there would be no more parties no more women, no more drugs, you said you would give it all up for me, but I see you haven't changed one bit, and I can't stay in this mess any more longer with you, I love you Dewayne, don't ever try and question my love, because I love you so much with all my heart, but you heart me so bad, and I will not stand here and keep letting you hurt me," she said as she took off the Necklace, and the engagement ring that Rock had given her.

"Baby please don't do this, let me fix this let me make things right," Rock begged. Taraji shook her head and closed her suitcase. "There's nothing you can do Rock," she said as she grabbed her purse and her suitcase. She began to walk to the door.

Rock stood there with tears falling down his eyes. "Taraji please don't do this, baby I'm begging you, don't leave me," Rock sobbed as he fell down to his knees.

"I'm sorry Dewayne," she said as she walked out the door. Dewayne wiped his eyes and sprung up the minute he saw the taxi cab pull up.

"Taraji!" He yelled as he ran out the door. Taraji quickly closed the door, "can you please drive off now!" She told the driver.

"Taraji! Taraji!" Dewayne yelled as he hit the trunk of the taxi cab. "Taraji!" He yelled as he began to run faster after the taxi. But it was too late the taxi had sped down further.

Dewayne fell down in middle of the street . "Taraji," he sobbed as he watched the taxi turn the corner. He sat there for hours hoping she would change her mind and come back. But she never did.

It's been two years since he last saw her, and he missed her badly. Rock wiped his eyes and grabbed his bags once the plane landed. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the ring that was supposed to be Taraji's wedding ring.

He stopped in the middle of the airport and looked at a young couple who were walking hand in hand. His mind reminisced to when he held Taraji's hand and smiled as they walked down the street with no cares in the world. He shook his head and walked to his limo.

*******

Tears began to fall from Taraji's eyes as she watched her one year old son DJ sleeping peacefully in his crib. Even in his sleep he favored Rock so much. She missed that man more than anything in the whole wide world.

She wished she could bring herself to picking up the phone and dial his number, but whenever she did, she quickly hung up.

She wiped her eyes and walked over to her bed. She took off her locket and opened it. She smiled as she looked at the picture of Rock smiling back at her. She looked over at her cellphone and contemplated whether or not to call him.

There were many reasons why she couldn't call him. She didn't know if he even wanted to speak to her again. Or if he had a new woman making him happy. She wished she never left, but then again Rock gave her no choice but to leave.

He made her feel like was in competition for his heart. He made her feel like she would second place. She loved Rock more than anything in this entire world, but he just didn't get it. He just didn't understand that.

She wished that they could sit down and talk, and catch up on what's been going on. She needed to see his smile, to feel his touch, she needed her king, her knight and shining armor. Deep inside her heart she knew Rock would pick up the phone and call her she just didn't know when.

********

DeWayne -

"Morning Mr. Johnson, are these all your bags?" Simeon my driver asked as he opened the door for me. "Yes it is," I replied with a weak smile. I pulled out two hundred dollar bills and placed them inside his suit pocket.

"Thank you sir," he replied. "No problem," I replied as I got inside the limo.

As soon as I got in I poured myself a glass of Moët. "Simeon can you turn on the radio," I said. "Yes sir," he replied.

I took a sip of my Moët, and leaned my head against the window. K Michelle's maybe I should call came on and I laughed. "What are you saying to me God?" I asked. Call her. Was all I kept hearing in the back of my head.

I looked over at my phone and picked it up. I scrolled down to Taraji's name and pressed send. I placed it up to my ear and prayed that her number wasn't disconnected. I had never been more nervous in my entire life.

I closed my eyes as the phone continued to ring. "Hello," I heard her answer on the fourth ring. My heart began to pump fast. "Hello?" She said again. " Hey," I replied with a sigh of relief.