As we trained to become murders, we fell in love - we've been separated for years.... a love story 2

Mulai dari awal

She raised a delicate eyebrow at my response but I saw a flash of gray in her eyes. I felt tormented inside and decided to protect her from anything that caused her the slightest discomfort and give her what she wanted.

“My name is Kerulean Aqua. Now, answer my questions.”

Her discomfort, oddly, seemed to increase and I felt the need to reassure her.

“You can trust me absolutely.” Then I screwed my eyes shut and did something I would have never imagined myself doing until the end of my life. I removed the titanium-backed gauntlet and glove off my right hand and slowly twisted my palm over and offered it to her. Her relatively long fingers were soft and though not warm, stung my skin. She sat crossed-legged and then pulled my hand toward her – I carefully shifted closer. She pushed the sleeve of my shirt roughly to reveal more skin. She then traced the tattoo gracing my inner palm, wrist and lower forearm. Her eyes closed tightly and she offered her right hand to me. I could hear my intake of breath and I felt heat rise in my face in embarrassment. I gently grasped her outstretched, barely remembering to breathe. I held it close and drank the heat with each heartbeat. Then I remembered why she had extended it and I turned it over, softly pulled her sleeve back and studied the female-version of the image tattooed on my arm. I shivered and looked deeply into her eyes.

And I knew, then, looking into her liquid brown eyes that I was changed – for forever – and I indulged in the fact.

***

But he never gave me much chance to think and continued his interrogation without much pause, although his eyes seemed to flash light blue. When I had registered the fact that he felt rejected, the same feeling overcame me and something broke within me. I tried to not let it show, but I think his observant marvelous blue eyes knew at least something had happened.

He seemed to brace himself for his next question.

“Will you at least tell me who you are?” His question cut off abruptly, and I was so overtaken with wonder, at his voice, and curiosity, at why he had stopped so abruptly.

“Yes. I am Kanus Argent. And who might you be?” I responded as coolly as I possibly could manage.

“I would rather remain unidentified. Tell me, though, why did you choose these parts for your ‘stroll’?”

I raised an eyebrow at his response, as cool as an ice-cube, but I knew my eyes flashed gray. I noticed the fine lines define themselves and he made another decision.

“My name is Kerulean Aqua. Now, answer my questions.” Why did he change his mind, I wondered? Whatever the reason, it made me uncomfortable – why did he want answers? Why did he ask for my trust? Too many questions and my Training-enhanced predatory instincts stretched my nerves out.

“You can trust me absolutely.” I blinked as he screwed his eyes shut and did something I would have never imagined. He removed his metal-backed gauntlet and glove off his right hand and slowly twisted his palm over and offered it to me. My small fingers felt his steady heartbeat through his warm skin. I sat crossed-legged and then pulled his hand toward myself forcing him to shift closer. I roughly pushed the sleeve of his shirt to reveal more of his pale ivory skin. I then traced his tattoo and I braced myself and offered my right hand to him. I heard his intake of breath and opened my eyes to see the slightest rose leave his freckled cheeks. He gently held my hand close to him, gently because his hands were so much bigger than mine, his fingers too and they looked strong. He seemed to forget why I had outstretched my hand in the first place. Why? Then he was raptly studying my tattoo – the female version of his. He traced it gently with his right forefinger. He shivered when he had completed tracing the peculiar circuit four times around and when his marvelous blue eyes looked into my own something within me changed and my eyes widened because I did not know what.