Chapter 22. Importance

Start from the beginning

"See something you like?" I hear him say and I almost literally jump out of my skin.

"OH MY GAWD SORA YOU NEARLY GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK YOU'RE SCARIER THAN THE POISON!!!" I shout at him in surprise with flushed cheeks. I look down at him and see that he has a smirk playing on his lips as he lays his head on an actual pillow.

"Aww, don't say that..." he says, still with his smirk on his lips.

"You're right, I'm sorry. That's and insult to the poison isn't it?" he chuckled and I couldn't help but smile.

Knock knock

"Come in!" Sora and I called in unison.

Maria -one of our maids- opened the door and bowed.

"Good morning Young Mistress, Sir. Master would like to see you in the throne room in one hour please," she said sweetly.

"Oh, alright. Thank you Maria!" I said.

"Thank you," Sora said a little shyly.

Maria closed the door and walked away.

"I guess we better get ready, huh?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess so," he says as he gets out from under the covers and walks towards the closet to get some clothes and I follow.

"Whenever we go to the throne room, we need to wear formal attire," I tell him when I see that he's reaching for a plain light blue T-shirt and jeans.

"Oh, umm. I don't have anything formal..." he says after looking around for a minute.

"Haha! That's alright, I'll be right back then!" I call as I hurry out the door to my father's old room. I found his closet and got out an old kimono for Sora to wear.

'Hopefully this will fit,' I think doubtfully. I hurry back to Sora and I's room.

"Hey, you found something?" he asked as I walked in with a kimono in my hands. I nodded.

"Here, put it on. I'm gonna go get some food for us," I hand him the kimono and walk out towards the kitchen.

Going to the throne room

"So what do you think he wants to speak to us about, Mina?" Sora asked me as we walked down the hall, towards the throne room.

"I'm not sure actually," oh I know. And I'm so scared about what's gonna happen. Will Sora and I have to break up? This is the first relationship since that time that has actually worked out! I can't let this get ruined...

We finally reached the door and I held my hand up close to the door with my fist clenched.

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be..."

I knocked on the double doors three times. I could hear a slight echo since the door is at the end of the hall in the corner.

"Come in!" my grandfather's voice bellowed from inside.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the unusually heavy doors.

'Must not be hollow wood,' I thought.

I walked inside, with Sora following behind, and saw him sitting in the emperor's throne. He gestured to the floor below the three steps and we walked over to the floor cushions and sat down, sitting on our feet.

A/N: In Japan, the formal way of sitting is to sit on your feet. Even if your feet start to fall asleep, it's disrespectful to switch positions. (I think...)