III

I waited outside the theater, hands in my pocket and whistling to myself as I patiently awaited the girl of my dreams. The sun greeted me with wave of warmth that one can only experience ever so often. I was wearing a black v-neck shirt with khaki cargo shorts. My gray and white vans looked newer than they had in forever. Although I didn't want to believe it, I was more nervous about today than I ever thought I would be about anything. My legs were about to start walking back towards my house when a bright pink paper airplane pierced me in my right cheek. I turn to see the air flowing through a river of brilliant black. She stood there in a navy blue top and a black skirt. Her black vans looked almost new against her pale legs.

"Were you waiting long?" I snapped out of my daze, feeling my face heating up and laughed out of embarrasment.

"No I actually just got here." I smiled at her and she smiled back. She was beautiful. She could have anybody and who does she ask to watch a movie with her? Me. Of all people, me. She walked up to me, grabbed my hand, and walked towards the theatre.

"Come on! If we don't hurry, we'll miss the show!" I had fallen in love harder than a rock sinks in the ocean.